History/How We Work
AITOC started out in 2001 as an outsourcing web development company in Minsk, Belarus. The initial intent was to exploit the intellectual potential of IT professionals from Eastern Europe to deliver excellent yet affordable services worldwide. And so we did. Soon, however, it became evident we had underestimated our potential, and AITOC could be much more than a mere outsourcing company.
In our search for a more advanced approach we studied common IT processes and frameworks that helped us evolve professionally: Rational Unified Process (RUP), Microsoft Solutions Framework (MSF), Agile Software Development and Feature Driven Development (FDD). We also thoroughly studied these management and development improvement techniques: Project Management Body of Knowledge (PMBOK), Theory of Constraints (TOC), Critical Chain Project Management, Quality Function Deployment (QFD), Lean Software Development and Six Sigma. Based on the company's specifics and principles we've identified the elements of these methodologies and practices that would benefit our operations best. With time we've developed a unique mix of management and development approaches that allowed us to significantly improve our processes and that is best defined in our slogan:
Solving more of your problems. Fast. AITOC.
In our work we strive to solve maximum of our customers' problems. To do that we constantly build up our technological and managerial expertise and develop consecutive and interconnected competences:
Product development:Our vast customization experience allowed us to gain a thorough understanding of what Magento users need. We analyze those needs to identify most essential problems and develop ready solutions. AITOC's extensions for Magento deliver great value to our customers:
- they are in immediate availability, so that the problems can be solved instantly;
- due to the fact that each extension is sold to hundreds of customers, we sell them hundreds times cheaper than a custom development job;
- our processes ensure that AITOC's extensions work well, are easy to install and manage.
Magento support services:
- We’ve developed a support routine which would help minimize the time spent on figuring out the problem, negotiating costs, and completing transactions.AITOC support team takes up tasks that are usually problematic in Magento support, such as fixing the compatibility issues with third party solutions. We also work on tasks that are not related to our extensions at all.
- The tasks the support team can perform are broken down into categories based on the task nature and the complexity level. Each category is assigned a fixed (or fixed + estimate) amount of time that is required for performing the task. All this information is available in the Rates Table. Prepaid support time is written off based on the Rates Table, not on the actual time the support team spent on the task. This way you may know the charges in advance, and there are no unnecessary cost negotiations that would impact the ticket lead time.
- All charges are transparent, and no charge will be made until you are notified and accept. Email support remains free for anyone who has valid support term: this means that inquires that do not imply the support team working on your host are answered free of charge.