phpFox Customizations Portfolio
Kerchoonz.com is a social networking platform that enables fans to search and discover new music, play games, meet people, watch and upload videos, keep up with news, post blogs, and a whole lot more.
Kerchoonz hired AITOC's Virtual IT Department to work on his phpFox site that was already customized and had several third party modules installed.
AITOC's Virtual IT Department performed the following tasks:
- Integrated music catalog into the website;
- Integrated widgets and tools that allow users to manage their widgets' content (photos, videos, shows, events, etc.);
- Installed several AITOC's phpFox modules;
- Added plug-ins that enable admin to place ads in videos;
- Introduced a functionality that sets video viewing limitations based on users' age and location;
- Installed several third party modules and plug-ins;
- Extended the functionality of the modules previously installed.
- Tuned all the modules and plug-ins to make sure they function together properly, fixed bugs and improved the functionalities to better fit client's needs;
- Sliced and integrated new design.
Leadsandbids.com is a phpFox industry-specific network geared to professionals and their clients with the purpose to facilitate business transactions. Our client needed to extend the functionality of the existing installation of phpFox by modifying the «Real Estate Classifieds» sections. In order to do that we've developed the following components:
Membership types definition:This component enables the network admin to define the user roles, their rights and permissions by distributing different access rights to real estate agents, contractors, property owners, etc.
Calendar for Project Bid Board:This component enables users to search bids by due date, award date and start date.
Classifieds section updates:This component allows users to post listings along with photos and descriptions. This information will then be available to other users.
Subscriptions and payment:This component allows users to subscribe to the services offered on the web site using the integrated payment gateway. The price of subscription depends on the membership type the user will choose.
Regular users are now able to post projects on the «Project Bid Board». Contractors are able to browse these projects and contact the posters regarding the job. The system is charging contractors a monthly subscription fee to enable them to view the contact information for the available projects.
Ruffryders.com/lifestyles — phpFox and osCommerce integration
For Ruff Ryders Lifestyles AITOC has customizes standard phpFox and integrated it with osCommerce script. We've integrated osCommerce and phpFox on the shared login level: the members register via phpFox, and once registered and logged in they are able to enter the eCommerce part of the solution without having to enter their data again. Same applies to navigating from the shop area to the community area. We've also placed reciprocal links in both solutions for easy navigation and installed an osCommerce theme provided by the customer.
phpFox home and user profile customization
This project is protected by NDA. AITOC's task was to customize the standard phpFox home and user profile pages. The changes included the creation of a new CSS theme, creation of additional banner placeholders, changing headers, making changes to the user profile page and rearranging functional blocks on both pages.
For this project we've developed the following functionalities:
- A new CSS theme that provides functionality for changing the color palette of the pages, changing the style of buttons and the menu items.
- Functionality for changing the navigation block and moving elements to the upper part of the header and implementing the clients visual content into the header.
- Functionality for allocating spaces that are used for placing banners on the pages of the site.
- Functionality for rearranging functional blocks on the pages of the solution as per customers requirements.
- Functionality for making the necessary changes to the user profile page as per customers requirements.
Censorship/Monitoring: phpFox functionality extension.
This project is protected by NDA. Our client owns social community site for youth. He hired AITOC to develop a solution that would protect community members form all kinds of offence and harassment.
We have added a new censorship/monitoring module to the site. The site editor is now able to log into the module and specify the search criteria for searching user conversations stored in the system. The module works only with the users who chose the Protected Environment Mode at registration.
The editor is able to preview the conversation by clicking on a link next to the returned item. Should he/she find any signs of violation of the site policy or any other applicable infringements, the editor can issue a warning that will be sent to both parties of the given conversation. Editors are also able to ban users for repeated or severe violations by pressing the appropriate key. The Module allows several editors to work simultaneously. We've also introduced a notification system that notifies users of warnings issued to them.
MyAfricanCircles.com (currently not operating)
My African Circle is online social networking community that focuses in on connecting Africans from all countries.
We have customized phpFox script and modified site architecture and management (external and admin sections) so that it is substantially different from original phpFox. We've added numerous new sections, integrated 3rd party extensions for phpFox, applied two WordPress scripts: with shared login and member accounts synchronization. We've also integrated news feeds and streaming TV/web radio and uploaded new design, which resulted in an exclusive and unique solution.
After 3 months of system modeling, development and quality assurance we delivered to our client ready powerful admin functionality and user-friendly member's area of the site filled with various features.
Locker2Locker.com (currently not operating)
Locker2Locker is an exclusive membership website where professional athletes can Buy, Sell and Network with each other and their fans. AITOC has transferred the Locker2Locker.com domain to the phpFox community and completed the following:
- Placed the intro page before the phpFox home page and adjusted the home page design;
- Fixed the problems with the music section for it to function properly;
- Added extra sign up questions for different user types;
- Installed the pBay auction module and modify its styles to match the rest of the site;
- Created a step-by-step process for posting items for sale in the marketplace;
- Implemented the Charities function which allows admin to manage a list of charities and enables users to donate the proceeds from the sales of specific items to selected charities.
- Implemented the ability to sell banner ad spaces on the site: users can select one of the available banner formats and choose where exactly their banners should be shown.
- Added content (text and images) to the static pages of the site;
- Configured the pBay mode to use the Client's PayPal merchant account.
10 phpFox exntensions for phpFox 1.6 and 2.0
Advanced Events 2.0
Allows to build the community around Calendar and Events section and let the members share their activities with each other both individually and within groups. The module provides Google Maps integration, allows members to make events recurrent, add flyers and images to an event, send invitations, get embed code and many more fine features.
Allows to create and manage paid subscriptions and automate payments in user-friendly manner. The module is compatible with phpFox2.0 and has new and improved functionality: it is more flexible in terms of subscriptions’ settings and currencies management.
Zombaio for Subscriptions 2.0
Allows you to integrate Zombaio payment gateway with AITOC's Subscriptions 2.0 module for phpFox.
AITOC’s Open Social Module gives you an opportunity to enjoy all the benefits of the API - like using Open Social Gadgets and sharing data between different Open Social communities by means of Gadgets.
Subscription and eCommerce
Created to automate payments and sell products online.
The module enables you to create and manage User Types in your phpFox community and differentiate members’ privileges.
The module makes the poll-making process on phpFox a totally different experience: the module is easy to use yet provides an advanced approach to poll creation and contains a large amount of tools for creating custom polls.
Advanced Events allows to build the community around Calendar and Events section and let the members share their activities with each other. It allows members to make events recurrent, add flyers and images to an event, send invitations to all members of the community, get embed code and many more.
The extension allows for creating group events and sharing them with other group members. The features include Google Maps integration, e-mail alerts, event search, group calendar, and flexible settings management for Admin.
Advanced User Bar
Enables the members to create dynamic countdown user bars that display how much time is left before or passed after a certain event and are refreshed daily. Graphic rulers can be used for events, forums, blogs and profile pages. You can also create event countdown widgets. Users can select background image, pointer image, date and text for their graphic rulers. Then members can use HTML or BB-code with any content that they post on the Internet or only within the phpFox community.
As of June, 17, 2010 AITOC, Inc. discontinued the sales of phpFox extensions. If you need support for extensions you’ve purchased within 6 months, please submit a support ticket here.