(Review by Dan)
(Review by Sheriff Is lam)
(Review by David Bissette @ www.TheGrainMillWF.com)
Moving your Magento store to another server is a difficult but sometimes necessary task. The most pleasant reason for migration is the expansion of your online business. The larger your Magento store and the more traffic it gets the more powerful server it will require. The problems that show it's about time you move to a “roomier” server are persistent overloads and bandwidth issues that greatly slow your current server.
A less happy cause for this step might be improper system configuration, hardware failures or other system failures that result in unplanned server downtime and unpredictably endanger your online operations. If due to frequent periods of unplanned downtime your total uptime is less than 99.9 percent you either need to upgrade your Magento server or change to another service provider. In many cases changing the provider will be a less stressful option. But it will be less stressful only if your data are moved to a new server flawlessly. Doing so needs expertise we are happy to offer.
We migrate your Magento website in two major steps:
1) Testing (there will be no downtime of the website during this part of migration)
- a) Website configuration is created on the new server;
- b) Magento source code and databases are copied to it;
- c) You test the website functionality on the new server (during that process the website is accessible only through adding a few lines into the hosts file on your PC);
- d) If everything is in place and in line we may proceed to step two.
2) Migration (some downtime will occur during data synchronization and DNS propagation)
- a) Magento website on the old server is switched to maintenance mode;
- b) Changes to source code and databases are synchronized;
- c) DNS is switched;
- d) If you ordered downtime minimization queries are redirected from the old Magento server to the new one (this will allow all visitors to be routed to the new server until DNS propagation is fully completed);
- e) If migration in times of minimum server load was ordered. Our staff will schedule downtime for a specified day and time period.
To get help with any pre-sale questions or to submit a support ticket, please click here .
Note that all duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
To help you with your problem, we need to have all the necessary access details and a detailed descriptions of the problem you have.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).