(Review by Lubos Jezik)
(Review by magento istanbul)
(Review by Fantastic service at a fantastic price)
Custom Options Templates features:
- Enables admin to create dependencies between custom options and their values;
- Enables admin to create custom options templates;
- Enables admin to mass assign products to templates;
- Enables admin to apply an options template when creating/editing a product;
- Templates can be applied both as integral sets of non-editable options and as sets of editable options;
- When a template is applied as an integral set, template changes are applied to each product, where the template is used. However, Admin can’t change options and option values for a particular product;
- Vice versa when a template is applied as a set of editable options, template changes will not be applied to products, where the template is used. However admin can change options and option values for a particular product;
- Provides Backup and Restore functionality for your custom options and templates that were created with this extension;
- Comes with a User Manual;
- The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
To get a better idea about how this extension works, please take a look at this short tutorial video:
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
January 22, 2014 (ver. 3.2.3)+ Additional server checks are added to prevent data loss or corruption when saving custom options.
December 16, 2013 (ver. 3.2.2)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52
September 26, 2013 (ver. 3.2.2)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 184.108.40.206
September 18, 2013 (ver. 3.2.2)* Fixed the issue with assigned products missing when saving custom options template;
* Fixed the issue with multiple levels of dependent required options;
* Fixed the issue with template updates and refresh cache notification;
August 15, 2013 (ver. 3.2.1)* Fixed the error when editing custom options for specific store view;
* Compatibility fix with AITOC Front-end editor;
July 30, 2013 (ver. 3.2.0)
* Fixed the issue with disabling the extension;
April 25, 2013 (ver. 3.1.9)
* Compatability bug with Custom Product Previewe is fixed.
April 4, 2013 (ver. 3.1.8)
* Fixed bug assigned products not being saved.
January 30, 2013 (ver. 3.1.7)
* Fixed bug with impossibility to save 2 templates;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to add children values to custom options.
January 17, 2013 (ver. 3.1.6)
* Fixed bug with adding new row;
* Fixed bug with deleting of values in some cases.
December 18, 2012 (ver. 3.1.5)
* Fixed bug with impossibility to backup data to file if template name contains some special symbols;
* Fixed bug with duplicate button appearing before new template is saved;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to duplicate product.
November 28, 2012 (ver. 3.1.4)
* Fixed compatibility bug with Multi Location Inventory.
November 23, 2012 (ver. 3.1.3)
* Fixed the error when duplicating the template.
November 23, 2012 (ver. 3.1.2)
* Fixed the error when saving the template.
October 24, 2012 (ver. 3.1.1)
* Fixed compatibility bug with Custom Options Templates and Multi-Location inventory.
October 24, 2012 (ver. 3.1.0)
+ Ability to create dependencies between custom options and their values.
July 10, 2012 (ver. 3.0.19)
* Compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11.
June 26, 2012 (ver. 3.0.19)
* Compatible with Magento 18.104.22.168.
May 16, 2012 (ver. 3.0.19)
* Fixed bug with error notice, when saving template;
* Fixed bug with error notice, when saving a product with a template;
* Compatible with Magento 22.214.171.124.
April 6, 2012 (ver. 3.0.18)
* Fixed bug with incorrect opening of images, uploaded via filetype;
* Fixed bug with inability to add a product to cart after disabling the Module;
* Fixed bug with inability to save a new template.
February 06, 2012 (ver. 3.0.17)
* Compatibilty fix with Front-end Editor.
January 27, 2012 (ver. 3.0.16)
* Compatible with Magento 126.96.36.199.
November 11, 2011 (ver. 3.0.16)
* Fixed bug with file upload in custom options templates.
October 31, 2011 (ver. 3.0.15)
* Compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52.
October 14, 2011 (ver. 3.0.15)
* Fixed issue with displaying of the hidden module's default product.
September 15, 2011 (ver. 3.0.14)
* Fixed issue with placing Order with bundle product.
August 24, 2011 (ver. 3.0.13)
* Compatible with Magento 184.108.40.206.
August 5, 2011 (ver. 3.0.13)
* Compatibility fix with Custom Product Preview Extension.
July 1, 2011 (ver.3.0.12)
+ Advanced Language Pack for the extension added:
July 1, 2011 (ver.3.0.11)
* Incorrect restoring of the options' Price and Price Type after backup applying is fixed now.
June 28, 2011 (ver.3.0.10)
* Issue with error telling "Please specify the product's option(s)." when adding products to cart, which don't contain required option(s), is fixed now.
June 13, 2011 (ver.3.0.9)
* Fixed incorrect saving of required options in Templates. The fix solves problems with ajax shopping carts.
June 2, 2011 (ver.3.0.8)
* Fixed SQL error when saving template without associated products.
May 30, 2011 (ver.3.0.7)
* Fixed SQL error with required options.
May 20, 2011 (ver.3.0.6)
+ Compatible with Magento 1.5.1.
* Fixed mass assign of templates to products. A template can be assigned to max of 4200 products at a time.
February 18, 2011
+ Compatible with Magento 1.5.
February 1, 2011 (ver.3.2.0)
* Fixed compatibility with Pre-Orders Extension.
January 31, 2011 (ver.3.1.0)
* Fixed sorting of options and templates in Product;
* Fixed access to the Extension's settings in Admin CP for restricted Roles/Users;
* Fixed crash when going to create a template right after the Extension's installation and without refreshing the cache.
January 11, 2011 (ver.3.0.0)
+ Now the extension has the 'Save and Continue' button on Template creation/editing page;
+ Saves custom options of a product to a new Template;
+ New backup and restore functionality for custom options and templates that were created with the help of this extension.
February 18, 2010
+The extension is compatible with Magento 1.4.
* Bug with permissions for user roles;
* Bug with saving custom option labels for non-default store view.
Please note that you need to have your license registered in order to be able to submit a ticket. License registration is optional, but no support will be performed for unregistered licenses. If your license isn't registered yet, please take a look at this document for instructions. If your license is registered, please follow the link to submit a support ticket.
If you have a pre-sale question, please use this link.
Duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
The support team kindly asks you to provide all necessary access info and give a proper problem description when submitting the initial ticket to speed up the support process.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Please note that the extension is already enabled, there's no need to Manage Aitoc Modules in the back-end of the demo.
RatingReview by You're a fool if you don't purchase this... (Posted on 9/16/13)
My company uses a lot of custom options and this module has saved me so much time, it's very quick, easy to use, easy to install. I LOVE LOVE LOVE it.
Thank you Aitoc, keep up the great work
RatingReview by Alana Twelmeyer (Posted on 11/18/10)
This is a must have extension. Should have been native in Magento but wasn't. Support is fantastic!
RatingReview by Zipporah Reshel Designs (Posted on 4/26/10)
This is an excellent extension.. running perfectly on Magento version 1.4. with HelloTheme installed
CONS: Unable to list products/assign products by category.. This unoffered feature would have saved alot more time than it did.
Unable to assign images to radio buttons or check boxes.
PROS: Although it does have a search to find products with key words in description/ SKU/name. i added my first options template with two options and applied it to approx 30 products with in a few minutes. AMAZING. this would have taken me hours or up to days on my more delux products with multiple options.
Time is of the essence and top priority for my custom garment design shop where every garment I create for a client is by the customer specification options on the product pages- which is creating for the client a garment from scratch. The majority of my garment products have over 20 options to choose from during the designing process, which would have taken me months to create a new site in my site conversion to Magento
Thank you for this extension- It was a GOD SEND- saved me months of time to convert from my MIVA cart to Magento Commerce.
RatingReview by 8asic (Posted on 11/25/09)
Great time saver, smooth integration, feels like it should have been like this in Magento all along.
RatingReview by Jun Yang (Posted on 11/19/09)
Very good extension, gave me a big help
RatingReview by Brian (Posted on 10/19/09)
Very handy mod for your Magento install. If many of your products use the same options then this will be a huge time saver ... especially if you have to update the options.
The only downside (at the time of this posting) is that it does not support multiple websites on a single install. Therefore, if you have a product that is using the option template then that will be applied to the product on every website. That may not be a huge deal for most but in our case it is.
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.
Bulk and accrual discounts, and inbuilt discounts on support time.