(Review by 8asic)
(Review by Budi)
(Review by Daniel Wiebelhaus)
List of features:
- New feature Now you can create dependencies between custom options and their values;
- Enables admin to create custom options templates;
- Enables admin to mass assign products to templates;
- Enables admin to apply an options template when creating/editing a product;
- Templates can be applied both as integral sets of non-editable options and as sets of editable options;
- When a template is applied as an integral set, template changes are applied to each product, where the template is used. However admin can’t change options and option values for a particular product;
- Vice versa when a template is applied as a set of editable options, template changes will not be applied to products, where the template is used. However admin can change options and option values for a particular product;
- Backup and Restore functionality for your custom options and templates that were created with this extension;
- Comes with a User Manual;
- The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
To get a better idea about how this extension works, please take a look at this short tutorial video:
Please pay attention to the details of license option you choose. The number next to each radiobutton defines the number of products you will be able to apply Custom Options Templates to. You will be able to upgrade the license in the future, if you need to do so. Please refer to the Purchase/Upgrade Guide for more details.
Please note the extension is only compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition. If you need the version compatible with Magento Professional Edition, please contact us.
Our services include 30-day moneyback, 6 months of free support and bug fixing since module purchase date.
To make your experience with AITOC’s extensions simple, we offer paid installation services. If you feel that you might have troubles with module installation, we advise that you order professional installation services before you encounter problems. To order the service please check the Professional Installation box on this page and proceed with the purchase. Once the purchase is confirmed, you will get an automated email in regard to the ordered installation service. Please reply according to the instructions contained in the message.
If you need to extend the core functionality of Magento, please consider AITOC’s Magento Customization services.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
April 4, 2013 (ver. 10.1.6)
* Fixed bug assigned products not being saved.
January 30, 2013 (ver. 10.1.5)
* Fixed bug with impossibility to save 2 templates;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to add children values to custom options.
December 18, 2012 (ver. 10.1.4)
* Fixed bug with impossibility to backup data to file if template name contains some special symbols;
* Fixed bug with duplicate button appearing before new template is saved;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to duplicate product.
November 28, 2012 (ver. 10.1.3)
* Fixed compatibility bug with Multi Location Inventory.
November 23, 2012 (ver. 10.1.2)
* Fixed the error when duplicating the template.
November 23, 2012 (ver. 10.1.1)
* Fixed the error when saving the template.
October 24, 2012 (ver. 10.1.0)
+ Ability to create dependencies between custom options and their values.
July 11, 2012 (ver 10.0.11)
* Compatible with Magento Enterprise 188.8.131.52.
May 16, 2012 (ver 10.0.11)
* Fixed bug with error message, when saving a template;
* Fixed bug with error message, when saving a product with template;
* Compatible with Magento Enterprise 184.108.40.206.
April 6, 2012 (ver. 10.0.10)
* Fixed bug with incorrect opening of images, uploaded via filetype;
* Fixed bug with inability to add a product to cart after disabling the Module;
* Fixed bug with inability to save a new template.
February 09, 2012 (ver 10.0.9)
* Compatible with Magento Enterprise 220.127.116.11.
February 06, 2012 (ver 10.0.9)
* Compatibility fix with Front-End Editor.
October 14, 2011 (ver 10.0.8)
* Fixed issue with module's hidden default product.
August 8, 2011 (ver 10.0.7)
* Compatibility fix with Custom Product Preview Extension.
July 1, 2011 (ver.10.0.6)
+ Advanced Language Pack for the extension added:
+ Added compatibility with Magento Enterprise 18.104.22.168.
June 30, 2011 (ver.10.0.5)
* Incorrect restoring of the options' Price and Price Type after backup applying is fixed now;
June 28, 2011 (ver.10.0.4)
* Minor bug fix.
June 24, 2011 (ver.10.0.3)
* Fixed incorrect saving of required options in Templates. The fix solves problems with ajax shopping carts.
June 2, 2011 (ver.10.0.2)
* Fixed SQL error when saving template without associated products.
May 18, 2011
* Fixed mass assign of templates to products. A template can be assigned to max of 4200 products at a time.
January 31, 2011
Enterprise version launched.
Please refer to the FAQ page before submitting a ticket. This might help you solve your problem faster.
We do understand that the details we are requesting are important and confidential. The information will be kept confidential and protected from disclosure and it will only be used for support purposes.
There might be minor differences, but the demo is enough to give you an idea of how the extension works.
RatingReview by Alana Twelmeyer (Posted on 11/18/10)
This is a must have extension. Should have been native in Magento but wasn't. Support is fantastic!
RatingReview by Zipporah Reshel Designs (Posted on 4/26/10)
This is an excellent extension.. running perfectly on Magento version 1.4. with HelloTheme installed
CONS: Unable to list products/assign products by category.. This unoffered feature would have saved alot more time than it did.
Unable to assign images to radio buttons or check boxes.
PROS: Although it does have a search to find products with key words in description/ SKU/name. i added my first options template with two options and applied it to approx 30 products with in a few minutes. AMAZING. this would have taken me hours or up to days on my more delux products with multiple options.
Time is of the essence and top priority for my custom garment design shop where every garment I create for a client is by the customer specification options on the product pages- which is creating for the client a garment from scratch. The majority of my garment products have over 20 options to choose from during the designing process, which would have taken me months to create a new site in my site conversion to Magento
Thank you for this extension- It was a GOD SEND- saved me months of time to convert from my MIVA cart to Magento Commerce.
RatingReview by 8asic (Posted on 11/25/09)
Great time saver, smooth integration, feels like it should have been like this in Magento all along.
RatingReview by Jun Yang (Posted on 11/19/09)
Very good extension, gave me a big help
RatingReview by Brian (Posted on 10/19/09)
Very handy mod for your Magento install. If many of your products use the same options then this will be a huge time saver ... especially if you have to update the options.
The only downside (at the time of this posting) is that it does not support multiple websites on a single install. Therefore, if you have a product that is using the option template then that will be applied to the product on every website. That may not be a huge deal for most but in our case it is.