(Review by James)
(Review by Harry)
(Review by Zipporah Reshel Designs)
List of features:
- New feature Now you can create dependencies between custom options and their values;
- Enables admin to create custom options templates;
- Enables admin to mass assign products to templates;
- Enables admin to apply an options template when creating/editing a product;
- Templates can be applied both as integral sets of non-editable options and as sets of editable options;
- When a template is applied as an integral set, template changes are applied to each product, where the template is used. However admin can’t change options and option values for a particular product;
- Vice versa when a template is applied as a set of editable options, template changes will not be applied to products, where the template is used. However admin can change options and option values for a particular product;
- Backup and Restore functionality for your custom options and templates that were created with this extension;
- Comes with a User Manual;
- The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
To get a better idea about how this extension works, please take a look at this short tutorial video:
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
October 22, 2013 (ver. 10.2.2)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 188.8.131.52
September 16, 2013 (ver. 10.2.2)* Fixed the issue with assigned products missing when saving custom options template;
* Fixed the issue with multiple levels of dependent required options;
* Fixed the issue with template updates and refresh cache notification;
August 15, 2013 (ver. 10.2.1)* Fixed the error when editing custom options for specific store view;
* Compatibility fix with AITOC Front-end editor;
July 30, 2013 (ver. 10.2.0)* Fixed the issue with disabling the extension;
July 5, 2013 (ver. 10.1.6)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 184.108.40.206
April 4, 2013 (ver. 10.1.6)
* Fixed bug assigned products not being saved.
January 30, 2013 (ver. 10.1.5)
* Fixed bug with impossibility to save 2 templates;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to add children values to custom options.
December 18, 2012 (ver. 10.1.4)
* Fixed bug with impossibility to backup data to file if template name contains some special symbols;
* Fixed bug with duplicate button appearing before new template is saved;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to duplicate product.
November 28, 2012 (ver. 10.1.3)
* Fixed compatibility bug with Multi Location Inventory.
November 23, 2012 (ver. 10.1.2)
* Fixed the error when duplicating the template.
November 23, 2012 (ver. 10.1.1)
* Fixed the error when saving the template.
October 24, 2012 (ver. 10.1.0)
+ Ability to create dependencies between custom options and their values.
July 11, 2012 (ver 10.0.11)
* Compatible with Magento Enterprise 220.127.116.11.
May 16, 2012 (ver 10.0.11)
* Fixed bug with error message, when saving a template;
* Fixed bug with error message, when saving a product with template;
* Compatible with Magento Enterprise 18.104.22.168.
April 6, 2012 (ver. 10.0.10)
* Fixed bug with incorrect opening of images, uploaded via filetype;
* Fixed bug with inability to add a product to cart after disabling the Module;
* Fixed bug with inability to save a new template.
February 09, 2012 (ver 10.0.9)
* Compatible with Magento Enterprise 22.214.171.124.
February 06, 2012 (ver 10.0.9)
* Compatibility fix with Front-End Editor.
October 14, 2011 (ver 10.0.8)
* Fixed issue with module's hidden default product.
August 8, 2011 (ver 10.0.7)
* Compatibility fix with Custom Product Preview Extension.
July 1, 2011 (ver.10.0.6)
+ Advanced Language Pack for the extension added:
+ Added compatibility with Magento Enterprise 126.96.36.199.
June 30, 2011 (ver.10.0.5)
* Incorrect restoring of the options' Price and Price Type after backup applying is fixed now;
June 28, 2011 (ver.10.0.4)
* Minor bug fix.
June 24, 2011 (ver.10.0.3)
* Fixed incorrect saving of required options in Templates. The fix solves problems with ajax shopping carts.
June 2, 2011 (ver.10.0.2)
* Fixed SQL error when saving template without associated products.
May 18, 2011
* Fixed mass assign of templates to products. A template can be assigned to max of 4200 products at a time.
January 31, 2011
Enterprise version launched.
Please note that you need to have your license registered in order to be able to submit a ticket. License registration is optional, but no support will be performed for unregistered licenses. If your license isn't registered yet, please take a look at this document for instructions. If your license is registered, please follow the link to submit a support ticket.
If you have a pre-sale question, please use this link.
Duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
The support team kindly asks you to provide all necessary access info and give a proper problem description when submitting the initial ticket to speed up the support process.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
There might be minor differences, but the demo is enough to give you an idea of how the extension works.
RatingReview by Alana Twelmeyer (Posted on 11/18/10)
This is a must have extension. Should have been native in Magento but wasn't. Support is fantastic!
RatingReview by Zipporah Reshel Designs (Posted on 4/26/10)
This is an excellent extension.. running perfectly on Magento version 1.4. with HelloTheme installed
CONS: Unable to list products/assign products by category.. This unoffered feature would have saved alot more time than it did.
Unable to assign images to radio buttons or check boxes.
PROS: Although it does have a search to find products with key words in description/ SKU/name. i added my first options template with two options and applied it to approx 30 products with in a few minutes. AMAZING. this would have taken me hours or up to days on my more delux products with multiple options.
Time is of the essence and top priority for my custom garment design shop where every garment I create for a client is by the customer specification options on the product pages- which is creating for the client a garment from scratch. The majority of my garment products have over 20 options to choose from during the designing process, which would have taken me months to create a new site in my site conversion to Magento
Thank you for this extension- It was a GOD SEND- saved me months of time to convert from my MIVA cart to Magento Commerce.
RatingReview by 8asic (Posted on 11/25/09)
Great time saver, smooth integration, feels like it should have been like this in Magento all along.
RatingReview by Jun Yang (Posted on 11/19/09)
Very good extension, gave me a big help
RatingReview by Brian (Posted on 10/19/09)
Very handy mod for your Magento install. If many of your products use the same options then this will be a huge time saver ... especially if you have to update the options.
The only downside (at the time of this posting) is that it does not support multiple websites on a single install. Therefore, if you have a product that is using the option template then that will be applied to the product on every website. That may not be a huge deal for most but in our case it is.
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.
Bulk and accrual discounts, and inbuilt discounts on support time.