(Review by Wai Hung)
(Review by Sorin Haulica - Logic Plus)
(Review by James Lai, ShearUp.com)
When it comes to selling customizable products online, the trickiest part might be trying to achieve understanding with your customers on how the end-product will look like.
Custom Product Preview extension for Magento can add more certainty for you and your customers. This extension enables your customers to create a preview of the end-product by placing their custom image and/or text over your product image.
As Admin, you will be able to upload a background image that represents the custom product and define the printing area, and your customers will be able to upload and position their images and/or text that are to be printed, embroidered, etc. on your products.
This way your customers will be able to convey what they have in mind, and you won’t have to be second-guessing about how to position customers’ graphics on your customizable product.
This easy-to-use and intuitive tool can provide you with an image that serves as an agreement with your customer of what the end-product should look like. It also helps to make sure that customers are aware of your requirements for files that will be used in production. This is a must-have for stores that sell products with custom graphics, such as T-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc.
Benefits of enabling Custom Product Preview in your Magento store:
* Better customer satisfaction: Graphic preview is more specific than verbal description. The less guessing there is in the order/production process, the better you can meet customers’ expectations;
* Improved lead-time: If your customers can specify all requirements while placing an order, you can proceed with it right away and save the time and effort needed to coordinate the preview image with your customers.
* Better conversion rate: Customers will prefer you over your competition because you provide the opportunity to see what their order would look like before placing it.
Custom Product Preview features:
- Admin can customize the look and feel of the image editor;
- Admin can define the rectangular printable area where customers would be able to position their custom graphics and/or text;
- A custom shape mask can be applied to the print area as users select the shape at the front end;
- Allows for an unlimited number of facets/sides of the same product.
- Customers can upload an image or select a clip art pre-defined by admin;
- Customers can rotate, resize and position the custom graphics within the defined printing area on the photo of the customizable product;
- Supports multiple layers: one printing area can contain several objects;
- Enables Customer to place their custom graphics behind the product image template;
- Enables Admin to upload a set of pre-defined clip arts images that can be used for creating custom designs;
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP file formats for preview images;
- Allows for using PSD, TIFF, EPS and other file formats if ImageMagick and image libs (libpng, libjpg, libsvg, etc.) are installed at and php exec command is allowed at your host;
- Enables Customer to save the preview image as SVG, PNG and PDF (ImageMagick and ghostscript are required);
- Forces customers to check the checkbox to confirm they are aware of the technical requirements for the production image they upload, and/or that this image is compliant.
- Customers can enter custom text;
- Customers can specify text font and color for the custom text;
- Customers can add custom outline and shadow to text;
- Comes with a default set of fonts;
- Enables Admin to upload or delete fonts;
- Admin can enable/disable text color picker and determine the text length for every custom preview option;
- Enables Admin to manage colors available in the text color picker.
- Admin can (and is advised to) publish a defined set of requirements for production image on the product page;
- Adds the preview images to the product info in the Shopping Cart and to the last step of Checkout.
- Adds the preview images to the Order and Invoice Info in the back-end;
- Enables Admin to download the custom graphics and text from the order and select the layers to include into the saved file;
- Allows Admin to select from SVG, PNG and PDF (ImageMagick and ghostscript are required) formats when saving custom graphics;
- Enables Admin to download the original image uploaded by the customer.
- Enables customers to share their customized product via Facebook, Google + and email;
- Enables admin to add noticeable header to a Home Page that will show customers the ability of easy custom product creation.
The extension comes with a User Manual. The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
Please note that the extension only works with Simple, Configurable, Downloadable and Virtual products.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
February 20, 2014 (ver. 12.0.0 - for Magento 1.11.x - 18.104.22.168)
+ Enables Admin to select the image editor mode: pop-up window or right on the product page;
+ Enabled Admin to adjust the colors of the image editor interface;
+ Enables customers to save the designed graphics;
+ Enables Admin to download the custom graphics from the order and select the layers to include into the saved file;
+ Enables Admin to download the original image uploaded by the customer;
+ Enables customer to edit the text and its options after it was already applied;
+ Enables Customer to upload their custom image behind the template image;
+ Allows Admin to enable / disable "Place behind product image" option for an editor;
* Loading bar and shopping cart issue is fixed;
* Issue with validation activated when saving graphics on the product page is fixed.
November 4, 2013 (ver. 11.2.5)
* Issue with buttons tooltips aren't displayed after image rotating is fixed.
October 24, 2013 (ver, 11.2.4)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 22.214.171.124.
October 3, 2013 (ver. 11.2.4)
* Incompatibility with Pre-Orders is fixed.
September 19, 2013 (ver, 11.2.3)
* Fixed the issue with letters cut-off for some fonts;
July 5, 2012 (ver, 11.2.2)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 126.96.36.199.
June 7, 2013 (ver, 11.2.1)
+ Enables shoppers to add custom outline and shadow to text.
May 3, 2013 (ver, 11.2.0)
+ Allows to switch the background image on and off on the preview images;
+ Admin can assign different titles to pictures and shape categories for each store view;
* Minor bug fixes are made.
March 26, 2012 (ver, 11.1.1)
* Issue with the aitoc customer image custom option addition for not default scope is fixed.
March 15, 2012 (ver, 11.1.0)
+ Enables Admin and Customer to save the preview image as PDF;
+ Allows Admin to define printable area with custom shapes (default set of shapes provided);
+ Print area can be changed dynamically as users select the shape;
* Minor bugs are fixed.
January 4, 2013 (ver, 11.0.1)
* Minor design fixes.
December 22, 2012 (ver, 11.0.0)
+ Enables customers to share their customized product via Facebook, Google + and email;
+ Enables admin to add noticeable header to a Home Page that will show customers the ability of easy custom product creation;
+ Enables admin to upload the custom image of the refunded product separately to the Magento store and sell it;
+ Provides guidelines on promotion of the web store with custom products;
* JS code refactoring and optimization was done.
December 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.9)
* Issue with Save as SVG in IE8 is fixed.
November 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.8)
* Issue with rescaling in IE8 is fixed.
October 30, 2012 (ver, 10.3.7)
* Issue with Convert to PNG is fixed.
October 15, 2012 (ver, 10.3.6)
* Issue with Edit Printable Area functionality in IE is fixed.
October 12, 2012 (ver, 10.3.5)
* Issues on Mac OS are fixed.
August 31, 2012 (ver, 10.3.4)
+ Added the notification if customer is using lower android versions;
August 17, 2012 (ver, 10.3.3)
+ SVG file and Adobe Illustrator compatibility issue is fixed.
August 14, 2012 (ver, 10.3.2)
+ Custom text resolution setting is added;
* IE browser and few other minor bugs are fixed.
July 17, 2012 (ver, 10.3.1)
* IE9 bugs are fixed.
July 13, 2012 (ver, 10.3.0)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 188.8.131.52.
July 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.0)
+ Enables Admin to manage pre-defined colors of text color picker;
* IE bugs and few other major bugs are fixed.
April 27, 2012 (ver, 10.2.5)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 184.108.40.206.
* IE issues are fixed.
March 23, 2012 (ver, 10.2.4)
* Color picker bug in IE is fixed.
March 5, 2012 (ver, 10.2.3)
* SVG element bug is fixed.
February 20, 2012 (ver, 10.2.2)
+ ImageMagick converter integration and other minor updates.
February 9, 2012 (ver, 10.2.1)
+ Admin can enable/disable text color picker and determine the text length for every custom preview option.
January 31, 2012 (ver, 10.2.0)
+ Enables customers to add custom text and select the font and color for it;
+ Comes with a set of default fonts and enables Admin to delete and upload fonts;
+ Supports multiple layers: one printing area can contain several objects;
+ Enables Admin to upload a set of pre-defined images sorted by categories for customers’ use.
January 3, 2012 (ver, 10.0.12)
* Minor bugs fixes.
December 21, 2011 (ver, 10.0.11)
* IE issues are fixed.
November 29, 2011 (ver, 10.0.10)+Compatible with Magento Enterprise 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
October 13, 2011 (ver, 10.0.10)* Preview image position issue is fixed.
September 28, 2011 (ver, 10.0.9)+ Ability to make preview image upload optional is added in the list.
August 19, 2011 (ver, 10.0.8)* Bug with more than one Aitoc customer image option is fixed.
August 18, 2011 (ver, 10.0.7)* Bug with product price change when the image upload is completed is fixed.
August 11, 2011 (ver, 10.0.6)+ Ability to make high-quality image upload optional is added in the list.
August 8, 2011 (ver, 10.0.5)* Compatibility fix with Custom Options Templates Extension.
August 3, 2011 (ver, 10.0.4)* Minor bugs fixes.
July 29, 2011 (ver, 10.0.3)* Minor bugfixes;
July 8, 2011 (ver, 10.0.2)
* Minor bugs fixes.
June 16, 2011 (ver, 10.0.1)
* Minor bugs fixes.
June 15, 2011
Enterprise version launched.
Please note that you need to have your license registered in order to be able to submit a ticket. License registration is optional, but no support will be performed for unregistered licenses. If your license isn't registered yet, please take a look at this document for instructions. If your license is registered, please follow the link to submit a support ticket.
If you have a pre-sale question, please use this link.
Duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
The support team kindly asks you to provide all necessary access info and give a proper problem description when submitting the initial ticket to speed up the support process.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.
Bulk and accrual discounts, and inbuilt discounts on support time.