(Review by Michael)
(Review by Mark)
(Review by Justine Aquino)
When it comes to selling customizable products online, the trickiest part might be trying to achieve understanding with your customers on how the end-product will look like.
Custom Product Preview extension for Magento can add more certainty for you and your customers. This extension enables your customers to create a preview of the end-product by placing their custom image and/or text over your product image.
As Admin, you will be able to upload a background image that represents the custom product and define the printing area, and your customers will be able to upload and position their images and/or text that are to be printed, embroidered, etc. on your products.
This way your customers will be able to convey what they have in mind, and you won’t have to be second-guessing about how to position customers’ graphics on your customizable product.
This easy-to-use and intuitive tool can provide you with an image that serves as an agreement with your customer of what the end-product should look like. It also helps to make sure that customers are aware of your requirements for files that will be used in production. This is a must-have for stores that sell products with custom graphics, such as T-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc.
Benefits of enabling Custom Product Preview in your Magento store:
* Better customer satisfaction: Graphic preview is more specific than verbal description. The less guessing there is in the order/production process, the better you can meet customers’ expectations;
* Improved lead-time: If your customers can specify all requirements while placing an order, you can proceed with it right away and save the time and effort needed to coordinate the preview image with your customers.
* Better conversion rate: Customers will prefer you over your competition because you provide the opportunity to see what their order would look like before placing it.
Custom Product Preview features:
- Admin can customize the look and feel of the image editor;
- Admin can define the rectangular printable area where customers would be able to position their custom graphics and/or text;
- A custom shape mask can be applied to the print area as users select the shape at the front end;
- Allows for an unlimited number of facets/sides of the same product.
- Customers can upload an image or select a clip art pre-defined by admin;
- Customers can rotate, resize and position the custom graphics within the defined printing area on the photo of the customizable product;
- Supports multiple layers: one printing area can contain several objects;
- Enables Customer to place their custom graphics behind the product image template;
- Enables Admin to upload a set of pre-defined clip arts images that can be used for creating custom designs;
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG, BMP file formats for preview images;
- Allows for using PSD, TIFF, EPS and other file formats if ImageMagick and image libs (libpng, libjpg, libsvg, etc.) are installed at and php exec command is allowed at your host;
- Enables Customer to save the preview image as SVG, PNG and PDF (ImageMagick and ghostscript are required);
- Forces customers to check the checkbox to confirm they are aware of the technical requirements for the production image they upload, and/or that this image is compliant.
- Customers can enter custom text;
- Customers can specify text font and color for the custom text;
- Customers can add custom outline and shadow to text;
- Customers can rotate, resize and position the text objects within the defined printing area of the customizable product;
- Customers can add multiple text objects to the one printing are of the customizable product;
- Comes with a default set of fonts;
- Enables Admin to upload or delete fonts;
- Admin can enable/disable text color picker and determine the text length for every custom preview option;
- Enables Admin to manage colors available in the text color picker.
- Admin can (and is advised to) publish a defined set of requirements for production image on the product page;
- Adds the preview images to the product info in the Shopping Cart and to the last step of Checkout.
- Adds the preview images to the Order and Invoice Info in the back-end;
- Adds the custom product image to the confirmation e-mail;
- Enables Admin to download the custom graphics and text from the order and select the layers to include into the saved file;
- Allows Admin to select from SVG, PNG and PDF (ImageMagick and ghostscript are required) formats when saving custom graphics;
- Enables Admin to download the original image uploaded by the customer.
- Enables customers to share their customized product via Facebook, Google + and email;
- Enables admin to add noticeable header to a Home Page that will show customers the ability of easy custom product creation.
- Compatible with Visualize Your Attributes. Color Swatch;
- Compatible with Custom Options Templates;
- The extension comes with a User Manual;
- The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
Please note that the extension only works with Simple, Configurable, Downloadable and Virtual products.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
August 21, 2014 (ver. 12.1.4)
* Issue with the pop up disappearing on click outside of the box is fixed.
August 1, 2014 (ver. 12.1.3)
* Dependent options issue is fixed. Compatible with Custom Options Templates ver. 10.2.8 and higher.
July 18, 2014 (ver. 12.1.2)
* Ajax issue when start editing Custom Product Preview option (shadow and outline are disabled) is fixed;
* Compatibility issue with AITOC Visulize Your Attributes- Color Swatch is fixed;
* An issue with pallete when Merge JS files is enabled is fixed.
June 25, 2014 (ver, 12.1.1)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 22.214.171.124.
June 18, 2014 (ver. 12.1.1)
* An issue when using big (size \ resolution) images is fixed.
June 17, 2014 (ver. 12.1.0)
+ Compatible with Visualize Your Attributes. Color Swatch;
+ Text and image objects are centered by default;
* Apply button and text object issue is fixed;
* An issue with the preview when ' [apostrophe] used in text is fixed;
* Configurable products issue on php 5.2 is fixed;
* An issue saving as SVG (together with Visualize Your Attributes module) is fixed.
June 9, 2014 (ver. 12.0.6)
* An issue with color picker for outline and shadow when predefined colors enabled for text is fixed.
May 27, 2014 (ver. 12.0.5)+ For more flexibility AITOC Rewrite system is now disabled by default but can be enabled fully or partially.
May 20, 2014 (ver. 12.0.4 - for Magento 1.11.x - 126.96.36.199)
* An issue with Facebook sharing is fixed.
April 15, 2014 (ver. 12.0.3 - for Magento 1.11.x - 188.8.131.52)
* An issue with custom product image link in the confirmation e-mail is fixed;
+ Compatible with Ultimo magento theme for Popup Editor mod.
March 18, 2014 (ver. 12.0.2 - for Magento 1.11.x - 184.108.40.206)
* Converter error for orders with the deleted product is fixed.
March 11, 2014 (ver. 12.0.1 - for Magento 1.11.x - 220.127.116.11)
* Issue with the black background images thumbnail display is fixed;
* Issue with the incorrect printable area is fixed.
February 20, 2014 (ver. 12.0.0 - for Magento 1.11.x - 18.104.22.168)
+ Enables Admin to select the image editor mode: pop-up window or right on the product page;
+ Enabled Admin to adjust the colors of the image editor interface;
+ Enables customers to save the designed graphics;
+ Enables Admin to download the custom graphics from the order and select the layers to include into the saved file;
+ Enables Admin to download the original image uploaded by the customer;
+ Enables customer to edit the text and its options after it was already applied;
+ Enables Customer to upload their custom image behind the template image;
+ Allows Admin to enable / disable "Place behind product image" option for an editor;
* Loading bar and shopping cart issue is fixed;
* Issue with validation activated when saving graphics on the product page is fixed.
November 4, 2013 (ver. 11.2.5)
* Issue with buttons tooltips aren't displayed after image rotating is fixed.
October 24, 2013 (ver, 11.2.4)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 22.214.171.124.
October 3, 2013 (ver. 11.2.4)
* Incompatibility with Pre-Orders is fixed.
September 19, 2013 (ver, 11.2.3)
* Fixed the issue with letters cut-off for some fonts;
July 5, 2012 (ver, 11.2.2)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 126.96.36.199.
June 7, 2013 (ver, 11.2.1)
+ Enables shoppers to add custom outline and shadow to text.
May 3, 2013 (ver, 11.2.0)
+ Allows to switch the background image on and off on the preview images;
+ Admin can assign different titles to pictures and shape categories for each store view;
* Minor bug fixes are made.
March 26, 2012 (ver, 11.1.1)
* Issue with the aitoc customer image custom option addition for not default scope is fixed.
March 15, 2012 (ver, 11.1.0)
+ Enables Admin and Customer to save the preview image as PDF;
+ Allows Admin to define printable area with custom shapes (default set of shapes provided);
+ Print area can be changed dynamically as users select the shape;
* Minor bugs are fixed.
January 4, 2013 (ver, 11.0.1)
* Minor design fixes.
December 22, 2012 (ver, 11.0.0)
+ Enables customers to share their customized product via Facebook, Google + and email;
+ Enables admin to add noticeable header to a Home Page that will show customers the ability of easy custom product creation;
+ Enables admin to upload the custom image of the refunded product separately to the Magento store and sell it;
+ Provides guidelines on promotion of the web store with custom products;
* JS code refactoring and optimization was done.
December 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.9)
* Issue with Save as SVG in IE8 is fixed.
November 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.8)
* Issue with rescaling in IE8 is fixed.
October 30, 2012 (ver, 10.3.7)
* Issue with Convert to PNG is fixed.
October 15, 2012 (ver, 10.3.6)
* Issue with Edit Printable Area functionality in IE is fixed.
October 12, 2012 (ver, 10.3.5)
* Issues on Mac OS are fixed.
August 31, 2012 (ver, 10.3.4)
+ Added the notification if customer is using lower android versions;
August 17, 2012 (ver, 10.3.3)
+ SVG file and Adobe Illustrator compatibility issue is fixed.
August 14, 2012 (ver, 10.3.2)
+ Custom text resolution setting is added;
* IE browser and few other minor bugs are fixed.
July 17, 2012 (ver, 10.3.1)
* IE9 bugs are fixed.
July 13, 2012 (ver, 10.3.0)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 188.8.131.52.
July 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.0)
+ Enables Admin to manage pre-defined colors of text color picker;
* IE bugs and few other major bugs are fixed.
April 27, 2012 (ver, 10.2.5)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 184.108.40.206.
* IE issues are fixed.
March 23, 2012 (ver, 10.2.4)
* Color picker bug in IE is fixed.
March 5, 2012 (ver, 10.2.3)
* SVG element bug is fixed.
February 20, 2012 (ver, 10.2.2)
+ ImageMagick converter integration and other minor updates.
February 9, 2012 (ver, 10.2.1)
+ Admin can enable/disable text color picker and determine the text length for every custom preview option.
January 31, 2012 (ver, 10.2.0)
+ Enables customers to add custom text and select the font and color for it;
+ Comes with a set of default fonts and enables Admin to delete and upload fonts;
+ Supports multiple layers: one printing area can contain several objects;
+ Enables Admin to upload a set of pre-defined images sorted by categories for customers’ use.
January 3, 2012 (ver, 10.0.12)
* Minor bugs fixes.
December 21, 2011 (ver, 10.0.11)
* IE issues are fixed.
November 29, 2011 (ver, 10.0.10)+Compatible with Magento Enterprise 220.127.116.11 and 18.104.22.168.
October 13, 2011 (ver, 10.0.10)* Preview image position issue is fixed.
September 28, 2011 (ver, 10.0.9)+ Ability to make preview image upload optional is added in the list.
August 19, 2011 (ver, 10.0.8)* Bug with more than one Aitoc customer image option is fixed.
August 18, 2011 (ver, 10.0.7)* Bug with product price change when the image upload is completed is fixed.
August 11, 2011 (ver, 10.0.6)+ Ability to make high-quality image upload optional is added in the list.
August 8, 2011 (ver, 10.0.5)* Compatibility fix with Custom Options Templates Extension.
August 3, 2011 (ver, 10.0.4)* Minor bugs fixes.
July 29, 2011 (ver, 10.0.3)* Minor bugfixes;
July 8, 2011 (ver, 10.0.2)
* Minor bugs fixes.
June 16, 2011 (ver, 10.0.1)
* Minor bugs fixes.
June 15, 2011
Enterprise version launched.
To get help with any pre-sale questions or to submit a support ticket, please click here .
Note that all duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
To help you with your problem, we need to have all the necessary access details and a detailed descriptions of the problem you have.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Custom Product Preview + Visualize Your Attributes: http://cpp-color-swatch.demo.aitoc.com/
Switch between English and French stores to see Popup or Galley Editor modes in action
RatingReview by Tobias S. (Posted on 5/23/14)
This is a really great module. We are working with the Ultimo Theme and it works great. The translation to german was easy after i got some infos from the support Team.
The support service Team works really out of the box... They helped me with a conflict with another extension and now everything is working the way it should be.
The extra great thing is - they have not only changed the files - there is an extra folder on my server with the changed files and the old files... this is awesome ...great service guys.
thanks a lot for ur customer service.
RatingReview by Adam McMahon (Posted on 4/24/14)
Great extension. Does exactly as it says, with no monthly fee.
We needed some modification for it to work exactly how we wanted it so we contacted the support and they did it perfectly and at a good price too.
Great customer servicet. Excellent module. 10/10
RatingReview by Kasmin (Posted on 4/8/14)
I use thisi extension on my magento site. It works as described. This is very useful for merchant like that sell custom product. It worth the price.
RatingReview by Timo Knook (Posted on 2/18/14)
I used this extension for a few months now and i must say, it works great.
RatingReview by Sebastian Kollat (Posted on 10/23/13)
Works great! An excellent solution for Custom Products. Support is pretty fast as well. Thanks for this nice product.
RatingReview by Josh Heramb (Posted on 6/6/13)
Great module, works as advertised. Took some fine-tuning to get it to play nice with our custom template, but the Aitoc support team was more than willing to lend a hand for accomplishing this end. Thanks for the module and the support, Aitoc.
RatingReview by Ryan (Posted on 3/4/13)
I like the product and it allows me to come very close to what I want to do with my site. The service is excellent and I had an initial problem resolved very quickly. 5 star rating on the service for sure. What would make this product perfect would be the following:
* allowing customers to share the image via pinterest and instagram, not just facebook
* letting admin fix the text size and location where the customer cannot adjust it; in other words make it an option in admin to allow the customer to resize and move text
RatingReview by Kate (Posted on 2/18/13)
Great module very advance!!
I head some problem from my server side and the guys help me out very quickly .
Will recommend any one with custom printing needs ,
RatingReview by vernon (Posted on 8/28/12)
RatingReview by Bill Rust (Posted on 7/10/12)
I have used this extension on 2 projects in the last month, and it's nothing short of fantastic! Coupled with outstanding support, you really can't go wrong if you're looking for an extension that allows this kind of functionality.
I look forward to many more projects using extensions from AITOC!
RatingReview by Billy Parker (Posted on 8/10/11)
Excellent module, works really well. Thank you AITOC Team.
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.