(Review by Osama Mjalli)
(Review by Brian Johnston )
(Review by Manisha)
When it comes to selling customizable products online, the trickiest part might be trying to achieve understanding with your customers on how the end-product will look like.
Custom Product Preview extension for Magento can add more certainty for you and your customers. This extension enables your customers to create a preview of the end-product by placing their custom image and/or text over your product image.
As Admin, you will be able to upload a background image that represents the custom product and define the printing area, and your customers will be able to upload and position their images and/or text that are to be printed, embroidered, etc. on your products.
This way your customers will be able to convey what they have in mind, and you won’t have to be second-guessing about how to position customers’ graphics on your customizable product.
This easy-to-use and intuitive tool can provide you with an image that serves as an agreement with your customer of what the end-product should look like. It also helps to make sure that customers are aware of your requirements for files that will be used in production. This is a must-have for stores that sell products with custom graphics, such as T-shirts, mugs, mouse pads, etc.
Benefits of enabling Custom Product Review in your Magento store:
* Better customer satisfaction: Graphic preview is more specific than verbal description. The less guessing there is in the order/production process, the better you can meet customers’ expectations;
* Improved lead-time: If your customers can specify all requirements while placing an order, you can proceed with it right away and save the time and effort needed to coordinate the preview image with your customers.
* Better conversion rate: Customers will prefer you over your competition because you provide the opportunity to see what their order would look like before placing it.
Custom Product Preview features:
- Enables Admin to add new product attribute – Customer Image;
- Admin can select which product image(s) will be available as a background for creating a preview;
- Admin can define the possible rectangular printing area on the image(s) of a customizable product, where customers would be able to position their custom graphics;
- Customers can upload an image, select a pre-defined image and/or enter custom text;
- Allows Admin to upload custom shapes for the printable area (default set of shapes provided);
- Print area can be changed dynamically as users select the shape;
- Enables customer to specify text font and color for the custom text;
- Enables shoppers to add custom outline and shadow to text;
- Admin can enable/disable text color picker and determine the text length for every custom preview option;
- Enables Admin to manage pre-defined colors of text color picker;
- Customers can rotate, resize and position the custom graphics within the defined printing area on the photo of the customizable product, thus creating a preview of the end-product;
- Enables Admin to upload a set of pre-defined images sorted by categories for customers’ use;
- Comes with a default set of fonts and enables Admin to upload or delete fonts;
- Supports multiple layers: one printing area can contain several objects;
- The extension covers for an unlimited number of facets/sides of the same product. Admin can upload any number of images with defined printing area for one product (presumably facets of the same product), and the Customers can position the necessary image/text (same or different) on all facets/sides they need;
- Supports JPG, GIF, PNG file formats for the preview image;
- Allows for using PSD, TIFF, EPS and other file formats if ImageMagick is installed at and php exec command is allowed at your host;
- Enables Admin and Customer to save the preview image as PDF (ImageMagick is required), SVG and convert to PNG;
- Allows to switch the background image on and off on the preview images;
- Admin can (and is advised to) publish a defined set of requirements for production image on the product page;
- Forces customers to check the checkbox to confirm they are aware of the technical requirements for the production image they upload, and/or that this image is compliant;
- Adds the preview image(s) to the product info in the Shopping Cart and to the last step of Checkout;
- Adds the preview image(s) to the Order and Invoice Info in the back-end;
- Enables admin to upload the custom image of the refunded product separately to the Magento store and sell it;
- Enables customers to share their customized product via Facebook, Google + and email;
- Enables admin to add noticeable header to a Home Page that will show customers the ability of easy custom product creation;
- Provides guidelines on promotion of the web store with custom products;
- Comes with a User Manual;
- The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
Please note that the extension only works with Simple, Configurable, Downloadable and Virtual products.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
November 4, 2013 (ver. 11.2.5)
+ Issue with buttons tooltips aren't displayed after image rotating is fixed.
October 24, 2013 (ver, 11.2.4)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 188.8.131.52.
October 3, 2013 (ver. 11.2.4)
+ Incompatibility with Pre-Orders is fixed.
September 19, 2013 (ver, 11.2.3)
* Fixed the issue with letters cut-off for some fonts;
July 5, 2012 (ver, 11.2.2)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 184.108.40.206.
June 7, 2013 (ver, 11.2.1)
+ Enables shoppers to add custom outline and shadow to text.
May 3, 2013 (ver, 11.2.0)
+ Allows to switch the background image on and off on the preview images;
+ Admin can assign different titles to pictures and shape categories for each store view;
* Minor bug fixes are made.
March 26, 2012 (ver, 11.1.1)
* Issue with the aitoc customer image custom option addition for not default scope is fixed.
March 15, 2012 (ver, 11.1.0)
+ Enables Admin and Customer to save the preview image as PDF;
+ Allows Admin to define printable area with custom shapes (default set of shapes provided);
+ Print area can be changed dynamically as users select the shape;
* Minor bugs are fixed.
January 4, 2013 (ver, 11.0.1)
* Minor design fixes.
December 22, 2012 (ver, 11.0.0)
+ Enables customers to share their customized product via Facebook, Google + and email;
+ Enables admin to add noticeable header to a Home Page that will show customers the ability of easy custom product creation;
+ Enables admin to upload the custom image of the refunded product separately to the Magento store and sell it;
+ Provides guidelines on promotion of the web store with custom products;
* JS code refactoring and optimization was done.
December 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.9)
* Issue with Save as SVG in IE8 is fixed.
November 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.8)
* Issue with rescaling in IE8 is fixed.
October 30, 2012 (ver, 10.3.7)
* Issue with Convert to PNG is fixed.
October 15, 2012 (ver, 10.3.6)
* Issue with Edit Printable Area functionality in IE is fixed.
October 12, 2012 (ver, 10.3.5)
* Issues on Mac OS are fixed.
August 31, 2012 (ver, 10.3.4)
+ Added the notification if customer is using lower android versions;
August 17, 2012 (ver, 10.3.3)
+ SVG file and Adobe Illustrator compatibility issue is fixed.
August 14, 2012 (ver, 10.3.2)
+ Custom text resolution setting is added;
* IE browser and few other minor bugs are fixed.
July 17, 2012 (ver, 10.3.1)
* IE9 bugs are fixed.
July 13, 2012 (ver, 10.3.0)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 220.127.116.11.
July 10, 2012 (ver, 10.3.0)
+ Enables Admin to manage pre-defined colors of text color picker;
* IE bugs and few other major bugs are fixed.
April 27, 2012 (ver, 10.2.5)
+ Compatible with Magento Enterprise 18.104.22.168.
* IE issues are fixed.
March 23, 2012 (ver, 10.2.4)
* Color picker bug in IE is fixed.
March 5, 2012 (ver, 10.2.3)
* SVG element bug is fixed.
February 20, 2012 (ver, 10.2.2)
+ ImageMagick converter integration and other minor updates.
February 9, 2012 (ver, 10.2.1)
+ Admin can enable/disable text color picker and determine the text length for every custom preview option.
January 31, 2012 (ver, 10.2.0)
+ Enables customers to add custom text and select the font and color for it;
+ Comes with a set of default fonts and enables Admin to delete and upload fonts;
+ Supports multiple layers: one printing area can contain several objects;
+ Enables Admin to upload a set of pre-defined images sorted by categories for customers’ use.
January 3, 2012 (ver, 10.0.12)
* Minor bugs fixes.
December 21, 2011 (ver, 10.0.11)
* IE issues are fixed.
November 29, 2011 (ver, 10.0.10)+Compatible with Magento Enterprise 22.214.171.124 and 126.96.36.199.
October 13, 2011 (ver, 10.0.10)* Preview image position issue is fixed.
September 28, 2011 (ver, 10.0.9)+ Ability to make preview image upload optional is added in the list.
August 19, 2011 (ver, 10.0.8)* Bug with more than one Aitoc customer image option is fixed.
August 18, 2011 (ver, 10.0.7)* Bug with product price change when the image upload is completed is fixed.
August 11, 2011 (ver, 10.0.6)+ Ability to make high-quality image upload optional is added in the list.
August 8, 2011 (ver, 10.0.5)* Compatibility fix with Custom Options Templates Extension.
August 3, 2011 (ver, 10.0.4)* Minor bugs fixes.
July 29, 2011 (ver, 10.0.3)* Minor bugfixes;
July 8, 2011 (ver, 10.0.2)
* Minor bugs fixes.
June 16, 2011 (ver, 10.0.1)
* Minor bugs fixes.
June 15, 2011
Enterprise version launched.
Please note that you need to have your license registered in order to be able to submit a ticket. License registration is optional, but no support will be performed for unregistered licenses. If your license isn't registered yet, please take a look at this document for instructions. If your license is registered, please follow the link to submit a support ticket.
If you have a pre-sale question, please use this link.
Duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
The support team kindly asks you to provide all necessary access info and give a proper problem description when submitting the initial ticket to speed up the support process.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Please open "Custom Product Preview" menu item and one of the following products: Cup: Customer image, T-Shirt(green) : Customer image, T-Shirt: Customer image
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.
Bulk and accrual discounts, and inbuilt discounts on support time.