(Review by douwe van der baan / ceezoo)
(Review by great product, easy to use)
(Review by Brian Johnston)
Shop by Brand extension for Magento enables you to create separate pages for brands presented in your store and link to them from product pages, thus making it easier for your customers to browse and shop by specific brands. Instead of brand names you can use any category relevant to your store - such as manufacturers, artists, authors, etc. The extension can be applied to any number of single-select attributes simultaneously, so your customers can shop by multiple attributes. So, for example, you can have Shop By Brands, Shop By Color, Shop By Collection and etc. at the same time. This solution has been successfully used by a great number of major online stores for years and it's now available for Magento!
Shop by Brands features:
- Automatically fills out the list of Brands, you don’t have to do it manually;
- Creates a new block with links to the most popular or featured brands;
- Allows custom settings per store view;
- Can be applied to any number of single-select attributes simultaneously;
- Enables your customers to shop by multiple attributes;
- Allows for creating different lists of Brands for each store view and/or website;
- Creates a neat list of all Brands in alphabetical order;
- Specifies the number of products listed under each brand in the Brands List;
- Has an option of listing only the brands that are currently in stock;
- Allows creating editable brand information pages with customizable layouts;
- Allows to insert a brand block or brand logo on a product page and links from product pages to associated brand pages;
- Allows shoppers to filter products by brand, with a categories sidebar shown on the page as well;
- Allows for displaying brands only from the current category in the sidebar block;
- Has an option of displaying categories as a tree on brands’ pages;
- Allows to display Brands’ / Manufacturers' pages on the Sitemap;
- Allows for using WYSIWYG for brand description on brand edit page;
- Allows for setting the sort order for products on the brand page;
- Places small brand logos for brands sidebar block;
- Places small brand logos on all brands page;
- Allows for using Magento layered navigation and/or AITOC's Layered Navigation Pro for Enterprise Edition on brands pages;
- Enables you to optimize brand pages for search engines by specifying custom meta-tags and SEO-friendly URLs;
- Allows for using canonical link meta tags for categories;
- Allows for customizing the brand page URL by removing the .html and adding a mask around the brandname;
- Comes with User Manual and Installation Guide;
- The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
To get a better idea of how this extension works and see it's real-life implementation, please take a look at this short video:
Please note the extension is only compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition. If you need the version compatible with Magento Professional Edition, please contact us.
Our services include 30-day moneyback, 6 months of free support and bug fixing since module purchase date.
To make your experience with AITOC’s extensions simple, we offer paid installation services. If you feel that you might have troubles with module installation, we advise that you order professional installation services before you encounter problems. To order the service please check the Professional Installation box on this page and proceed with the purchase. Once the purchase is confirmed, you will get an automated email in regard to the ordered installation service. Please reply according to the instructions contained in the message.
If you need to extend the core functionality of Magento, please consider AITOC’s Magento Customization services.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
May 8, 2013 (ver. 11.1.11)* Fixed the issue with displaying products on category page when extension is enabled;
March 13, 2013 (ver. 11.1.10)* Fixed the issue when attribute & attribute value have different url-keys for different store-views;
January 16, 2013 (ver. 11.1.9)* Fixed the issue with "Show Categories As Tree" when using layered navigation is not enabled;
November 26, 2012 (ver. 11.1.8)* Fixed the issue with navigation category when layered navigation is enabled;
October 24, 2012 (ver. 11.1.7)* Fixed the issue with brands page caching when full page cache is enabled;
September 11, 2012 (ver. 11.1.6)* Fixed the issue with assigning products to a brand;
* Fixed the translations files;
August 22, 2012 (ver. 11.1.5)* Fixed the issue with wrong product number in price filter when using layered navigation on brand(attribute) page is enabled;
* Fixed the issue with displaying the list of brands in navigation menu;
July 20, 2012 (ver. 11.1.4)* Fixed the issue with creating new attribute when Shop By Brands extension is enabled;
+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 18.104.22.168
June 29, 2012 (ver. 11.1.3)* Fixed the issue when Flat Catalog is enabled;
May 29, 2012 (ver. 11.1.2)* Compatibility fix with AITOC Layered Navigation Pro;
* Fixed the issue with displaying the list of brands in navigation menu on some Magento versions;
May 4, 2012 (ver. 11.1.1)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 22.214.171.124
April 4, 2012 (ver. 11.1.0)+ Now the list of brands (attribute values) can be set to display as a menu item;
March 29, 2012 (ver. 11.0.12)+ Extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 126.96.36.199
March 14, 2012 (ver. 11.0.11)* Fixed the bug with magento layered navigation on brand(attribute) page;
March 13, 2012 (ver. 11.0.10)* Compatibility fix with AITOC Layered Navigation Pro;
March 6, 2012 (ver. 11.0.9)+ Allows enabling/disabling Product List caching on brand (attribute) page;
February 20, 2012 (ver. 11.0.8)* Fixed attribute displaying in Layered Navigation Pro block;
February 10, 2012 (ver. 11.0.7)* Fixed duplication of products on brand(attribute) page, after changing pager values;
* Fixed SQL error, when magento tables have a prefix;
February 10, 2012 (ver. 11.0.6)* Fixed the crash when cron job is running;
January 31, 2012 (ver. 11.0.5)* Fixed incorrect quantity displaying on the attributes page;
January 17, 2012 (ver. 11.0.4)+ Allows for adding meta title, keywords and description to the main brands (attribute) page;
* Fixed the bug with products caching on a brand page;
January 05, 2012 (ver. 11.0.3)+ Now the categories block and product block on the brand page is cached. The cache is refreshed along with magento HTML output cache;
* Fixed the shorten tags in templates;
December 27, 2011 (ver. 11.0.1)* Fixed Advanced Language Pack for Italian and Spanish;
December 14, 2011 (ver. 11.0.0)+ Can be applied to any number of single-select attributes simultaneously;
+ Enables your customers to shop by multiple attributes;
+ Allows for using canonical link meta tags for categories;
October 19, 2011 (ver. 10.1.9)* Fixed the issue with default products sorting on a brand page;
October 13, 2011 (ver. 10.1.8)* Fixed the issue with images displaying in brand description;
October 10, 2011 (ver. 10.1.7)+ Extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 188.8.131.52
September 27, 2011 (ver. 10.1.7)* Fixed the issue with sorting on the brand page;
September 20, 2011 (ver. 10.1.6)* Fixed the issue when using sort by category on brand page;
July 25, 2011 (ver. 10.1.5)* Compatibility fix with Layered Navigation Pro;
July 21, 2011 (ver. 10.1.4)* Compatibility fix with Multi-Location Inventory;
June 27, 2011 (ver. 10.1.3)* Translations fixes
June 22, 2011 (ver. 10.1.2)+ Advanced Language Pack for the extension added:
All extension interfaces are translated into these languages;
June 10, 2011 (ver. 10.1.1)* Fixed the bug on brand page if Layered Navigation Pro not installed;
* Fixed the bug with Layered navigation display on brand page, if brand attribute is other than manufacturer;
May 30, 2011 (ver. 10.1.0)+ Allows for using Magento layered navigation and/or AITOC's Layered Navigation Pro on brands pages;
May 26, 2011 (ver. 10.0.4)+ Extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 184.108.40.206
May 11, 2011 (ver. 10.0.4)* Fixed error if template layout is missing breadcrumbs block;
April 22, 2011 (ver. 10.0.3)+ Extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 220.127.116.11
April 18, 2011 (ver. 10.0.2)* Fixed product sorting within a brand if flat product is enabled;
* Fixed non-existing default scope 'aitmanufacturers_sort' attribute values;
January 20, 2011 (ver. 10.0.0)Enterprise version launched;
Please refer to the FAQ page before submitting a ticket. This might help you solve your problem faster.
We do understand that the details we are requesting are important and confidential. The information will be kept confidential and protected from disclosure and it will only be used for support purposes.
There might be minor differences, but the demo is enough to give you an idea of how the extension works.
RatingReview by Brandeer.ch (Posted on 12/28/10)
Great Extension - using it on www.brandeer.ch for SEO (Brands are important keywords..) and the users are satisfied (they can easily find the shirt, hoodie or what else from their favorite brand..)
RatingReview by www.timetoday.nl (Posted on 10/26/10)
For our watch webshop www.timetoday.nl we used the AITOC Sho by Brands Module and even made some modifications ourselves to show brand images on the product catelogues on category pages. E.g.: http://www.timetoday.nl/heren-horloges.html.
We were especially happy with the quick and professional support. We have found out that modules of different companies in a lot of cases have small conflicts and such, but with good help from these parties these conflicts are often fixed in no time.
So thanks for the excellent code and quick customer support!
RatingReview by Frank P (Posted on 1/22/10)
Shop by Brands is one of several modules that we have used on a new Magento web site, and they are all excellent additions that offer much needed functionality.
Additionally, AITOC has supplied excellent support. The only issues we ran into were caused by our lack of knowledge about Magento and its configuration, yet the AITOC support has been most gracious in finding and educating us about configuration issues that needed to be corrected.
Thank you AITOC for making our new Magento site shine!
RatingReview by greg (Posted on 12/27/09)
As usually with AITOC (and before with Adjustware), the extension works perfectly. I really appreciate the way you open your code for us to be able to modify /change/ improve it.
Just wanna thank you 4 that : I now consider giving you some work ;-)
RatingReview by Filip (Posted on 11/12/09)
Easy to setup, easy to customize & it works great!
RatingReview by Julien (Posted on 11/6/09)
Very good extension ! I put only 4 stars because it would be nice if brand pages will be added in the sitemap.
RatingReview by Maria Ruiz (Posted on 9/23/09)
Easy to install and very professional extension. AITOC extensions make Magento even better!
RatingReview by James Lai, ShearUp.com (Posted on 9/4/09)
The AITOC Show by Brands Extension allows my customers to connect with the products they're looking for in a way that's efficient and intuitive.
RatingReview by Eric E Pickett (Posted on 9/4/09)
Great company to do business with. I purchased several modules during the middle of the night. I did not completely understand how to install them so I sent a tech ticket, expecting a reply in a couple of days, and to my surprise, within 5 minutes I received a tech reply with the offer for them to install the modules for me. Not only do they have great products but amazing service. I will hands down direct any friends or businesses to them.
RatingReview by Ingo Schaer (Posted on 9/4/09)
Excellent company - responsive and clean programmed modules which are fully compatible to Magento.