(Review by Brian Johnston )
(Review by Mat)
(Review by www.timetoday.nl)
Shopping Assistant. Smart advisor in your Magento shop.
Help your customers to quickly find the right product in your shop with the smart Shopping Assistant extension! Customers don’t always have a clear understanding of what they would like to buy. When the product is too complicated, or when the choice in your Magento shop is insufficient or too wide, customers may spend all the time they had for shopping without actually making up their minds and making the purchase.
Shopping Assistant is a smart way to guide your customers through the shopping process. It can be set up to provide a set of questions to customers and provide them with the best choice options based on their answers.
Shopping Assistant is quite flexible: it allows customers to skip questions and doesn’t require the full completion of the questionnaire to provide relevant product choices. This extension makes sure the customer finds the right product in your shop. It significantly speeds up the search process and makes it more fun.
List of features:
- Admin can create Question Sets for one or several product categories in your Magento shop;
- Question Sets can consist of an unlimited number of questions with answers options;
- Each answer option can be bound to a certain product in your shop;
- Admin can either bind products to an answer option one by one or specify an attribute which will be used to filter products;
- Automatically filters the product list based on customer’s answers and displays only the relevant products;
- Admin can configure dependencies between answers and following questions about the products in your shop. Thus customers will be asked questions which are based on their previous answers;
- Adds “Shopping Assistant” bar on the front-end of your Magento shop;
- Enables Admin to provide the text info about how to use the Assistant;
- Allows for different values of Text Fields for different store-views;
- Customer can skip questions, return to previous question to correct an answer, reset all the answers to start from scratch or fold the Shopping Assistant bar at any time and use the product list that was constructed based on the received answers;
- Comes with a User Manual;
- The Extension’s functionality code is 100% Open Source.
Online Extension User Guide
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
June 17, 2015 (ver. 1.0.29)+ Fixed an issue with incorrect location of shopping assistant in Magento CE 126.96.36.199.
June 10, 2015 (ver. 1.0.28)+ Fixed an issue with displaying incorrect result on layered navigation after filtering.
November 24, 2014 (ver. 1.0.27)* Compatibility fix with AITOC Magento Booster extension (fatal error when configuring an answer for shopping assistant).
September 24, 2014 (ver. 1.0.26)* Fixed the issue with questions nesting when using multi-select attributes.
August 21, 2014 (ver. 1.0.25)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52
August 19, 2014 (ver. 1.0.24)* Fixed the issue when using 'ANY' for conditions combinations along with multi-select attribute;
* Fixed the question condition issue.
June 12, 2014 (ver. 1.0.23)* Fixed the issue with conditions combination "if ANY".
May 27, 2014 (ver. 1.0.22)+ For more flexibility AITOC Rewrite system is now disabled by default but can be enabled fully or partially.
May 19, 2014 (ver. 1.0.21)* Fixed product quantity issue in layered navigation when using shopping assistant.
May 8, 2014 (ver. 1.0.20)* Minor design issue fix.
April 10, 2014 (ver. 1.0.19)* Fixed the condition issue when using attribute set.
January 31, 2014 (ver. 1.0.18)* Fixed the issue with product saving speed when Shopping Assistant is enabled;
December 17, 2013 (ver. 1.0.17)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 184.108.40.206
October 2, 2013 (ver. 1.0.17)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11
August 5, 2013 (ver. 1.0.17)* Fixed the issue with reappearing of answered results when "Previous" button is pressed;
* Fixed the issue with not displaying results when attribute is dropdown.
July 25, 2013 (ver. 1.0.16)* Fixed the issue with question dependence;
July 4, 2013 (ver. 1.0.15)* Fixed the issue with option "Use for Promo Rule Conditions" in attribute settings affected by the conditions of Shopping Assistant;
April 12, 2013 (ver. 1.0.14)
* Fixed bug with SQL error.
February 26, 2013 (ver. 1.0.13)
* Fixed bug with error notice on the front-end when there is a question without answers.
February 15, 2013 (ver. 1.0.12)
* Fixed bug error notice, when saving question.
January 15, 2013 (ver. 1.0.11)
* Fixed bug with incorrect displaying of certain conditions;
* Fixed bug with conditions becoming empty when pressing cancel in conditions configuration block.
January 11, 2013 (ver. 1.0.10)
* Fixed bug with Magento crashing when using "Previous" button after "Skip" button;
* Fixed bug with filtering of the products not working with multiselect attributes;
* Fixed bug with the option "Skip" not working;
* Fixed notices and warning in system.log;
* Fixed incorrect representation of error message;
* Fixed incorrect working of Previous button function;
* Fixed incorrect representation of questions area after quick double click.
December 17, 2012 (ver. 1.0.9)
* Fixed bug with incorrect saving of answers;
* Fixed bug with crashing with answering some questions.
November 25, 2012 (ver. 1.0.8)
* Adjustments for proper working with the built-in AITOC modules manager.
September 21, 2012 (ver. 1.0.7)
+ Added ability to choose any or all conditions for configuring products for answers;
* Fixed bug with error when choosing an answer.
August 24, 2012 (ver. 1.0.5)
* Fixed bug with with filtering of products;
* Fixed bug with exception log when creating a new question;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to add new product's conditions;
* Fixed bug with crash when searching for a product by SKU.
August 2, 2012 (ver. 1.0.4)
* Fixed bug with incorrect working of conditions form;
* Fixed bug with SQL error with question set without questions in it;
* Fixed bug with answer text cut if containing quotes in it;
* Fixed bug with SQL error if we change category or answer id to letter in post array;
* Fixed bug with SQL error if we create a question set when Magento tables have prefixes.
March 29, 2012 (ver. 1.0.2)
* Fixed bug with filtering Configurables;
* Fixed bug with answer condition saving in Magento 1.4.1.
March 21, 2012 (ver. 1.0.1)
* Compatibility fix with Magento 1.4.x.
February 21, 2012 (ver. 1.0.0)
Community version launched.
To get help with any pre-sale questions or to submit a support ticket, please click here .
Note that all duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
To help you with your problem, we need to have all the necessary access details and a detailed descriptions of the problem you have.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Please take a look at Computers category for a demo in front-end
Please note that the extension is already enabled, there's no need to Manage Aitoc Modules in the back-end of the demo.
RatingReview by TheWebVoice ( Jasper Voois ) (Posted on 4/1/15)
I have bought the shopping assistant on march 2014. The support was for 3 months. When i asked the development team to tweak my shop assistant recently they did it for free. Nice service. They tweaked it within 24 ours. Fast service. When i asked a question by replying to a clothed ticket, I got the answer within 24 ours again.
Very good service. The product works well and is easy to bild in to Magento.
A satisfied ( Dutch ) customer
RatingReview by Jra (Posted on 6/29/12)
I've recently acquired the Shopping Assistant and it was the tool I just was looking for. A very powerful add to any shop and a perfect helpful for the customer to find the right product. It helps a lot to make more sales and the tech support, in any case of doubt with the tool, is very quickly and effective.
It's easy: a happy and confortable client with your shop, with the right tools to make easy the sales, is a buyer for sure. The Shopping Assistant make it possible. Definitly, it worth the money.
Write Your Own Review
Benefits of using Magento Shopping Assistant:
- Higher conversion rate: Shopping Assistant will help the undecided customers to make up their mind faster, and less customers will leave your Magento shop without making a purchase;
- Increased Loyalty and Word of Mouth Promotion: Customers who get good advice from the Shopping Assistant are more likely to come back for more shopping and to suggest your store to their friends;
- 24/7 availability: automatic Shopping Assistant can handle any number of customers at a time and it’s available 24/7;
- No bias or mistake: When configured correctly, the extension can be more reliable than a human consultant, because it can’t “forget” an item, it can’t be biased to a certain customer, and when it comes to some products, people feel more comfortable talking to a machine than to a human being.
When Shopping Assistant is especially useful for your shop:
- When you sell presents: Shopping for others is tough, especially when they belong to other social and/or age group. But smart Shopping Assistant can give good advice, for example, to grandparents who are shopping for their grandkids, or vice versa.
- When you sell products that require high level of product-specific knowledge to make the decision: When it comes to hi-tech products with multiple characteristics it’s hard for an average buyer to take into account all the aspects that are important to decision making. Guide your customers through the shopping process by asking how they intend to use the device to determine what product fits their needs best.
- When you offer a wide range of goods: if a customer wanders into your Magento shop that offers lots and lots of various merchandise, there’s a big chance the customer will browse a little and leave the shop without making a purchase. Shopping Assistant is very helpful in engaging customers into being more specific about their needs, and it might offer the customers something they didn’t know they needed.
- When you want to be more pro-active no matter of what you sell: Engage into interaction with your customers, create the “presence”. In other words, show that you care about your customers’ shopping experience.
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.