(Review by Michael)
(Review by Filip)
(Review by Nobu)
Splash Page can prevent your visitors from browsing your website before they take a certain action, for example, verify their age. According to laws at almost any part of the world, sellers must take strict precaution to prevent selling certain products to minors.
Splash Page can also be used to deliver a message or provide basic navigation instructions.
Possible uses for a Splash page include:
• Restricting access to content that’s not appropriate for a certain age group;
• Getting your visitors to accept the Terms and Conditions of your website;
• Delivering a Welcome message, sometimes with a coupon code or other purchase incentive;
• Offering initial navigation tips and/or providing links to stores for various countries/languages.
The extension is designed so that it’s easy to make the Splash Page effective and non-obtrusive: it saves the data entered by guests and registered customers and makes sure each shopper will see the splash page not more than once. It also enables you to restrict access only to a specific part of your store.
Splash Page extensions for Magento features:
• Enables Admin to configure a mandatory Splash Page that requires a certain action from customer to proceed;
• Allows for introducing Age Verification and/or Acceptance of Terms of your Magento website;
• Redirects users that didn’t pass the Age Verification to a “Forbidden” page configured by Admin;
• Can remove or change product info/image for users that do not comply with the terms defined by the Splash Page;
• Saves visitor’s Date of Birth and automatically fills in the corresponding field during customer registration;
• Doesn’t display the Splash Page for logged-in users who already performed an action required by the Splash Page;
• Saves the session data for non-logged in users and doesn’t display the same Splash Pages more than once for the same user;
• Enables Admin to create several different Splash Pages for one store;
• The functionality can be applied to the whole website, to different store views, to a category, subcategory, or to an individual product;
• The functionality can be applied to a certain brand, provided that you have AITOC’s Shop by Brands extension installed;
• Enables Admin to create a User-Agent list for visitors who don’t need to be redirected to a Splash Page (such as search engine bots, so that they can index the page);
• Content of the Splash Page can be edited with Magento’s standard WYSIWYG editor;
• Comes with User Manual;
• The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
Our services include 30-day moneyback, 6 months of free support and bug fixing since module purchase date.
To make your experience with AITOC’s extensions simple, we offer paid installation services. If you feel that you might have troubles with module installation, we advise that you order professional installation services before you encounter problems. To order the service please check the Professional Installation box on this page and proceed with the purchase. Once the purchase is confirmed, you will get an automated email in regard to the ordered installation service. Please reply according to the instructions contained in the message.
If you need to extend the core functionality of Magento, please consider AITOC’s Magento Customization services.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
May 17, 2013 (ver. 1.0.9)* Fixed the issue with the module tries to use disabling CMS page for configurable and its simple instead of settings for Global splash CMS page;
May 3, 2013 (ver. 1.0.8)* Fixed the issue with User-Agent ignore list;
February 22, 2013 (ver. 1.0.7)* Fixed the compatibility issue with Holiday Decoration Toolkit;
November 23, 2012 (ver. 1.0.6)* Export products issue is fixed;
August 21, 2012 (ver. 1.0.5)* Fixed some minor issues;
July 9, 2012 (ver. 1.0.4)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 184.108.40.206
June 25, 2012 (ver. 1.0.4)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11
April 26, 2012 (ver. 1.0.4)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 18.104.22.168
March 6, 2011 (ver. 1.0.4)* Fixed the issue when date format is DD.MM.YYYY ;
January 13, 2012 (ver. 1.0.3)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 22.214.171.124
November 4, 2011 (ver. 1.0.3)* Fixed the issue with extension in IE7 and IE8;
October 21, 2011 (ver. 1.0.2)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 126.96.36.199
October 18, 2011 (ver. 1.0.2)* Fixed the issue with extension settings if magento has one store only;
August 22, 2011 (ver. 1.0.1)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52
June 22, 2011 (ver. 1.0.1)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 1.4.x
June 13, 2011 (ver. 1.0.0)+ The extension is launched for Magento 184.108.40.206-1.5.x.x
Please refer to the FAQ page before submitting a ticket. This might help you solve your problem faster.
We do understand that the details we are requesting are important and confidential. The information will be kept confidential and protected from disclosure and it will only be used for support purposes.
Please go to Furniture > Living Room to see the extension in action on the front end. To configure it differently, please use the back-end demo:
Please refer to the User Manual available in the Docs&Help tab.
Please note that the extension is already enabled, there's no need to Manage Aitoc Modules in the back-end of the demo.
RatingReview by Sandy (Posted on 5/8/12)
Thank you for the nice extension. Had a tiny issue but the support team solved it without any hassle. Great support guys. 5/5