(Review by Jeff Welsh - FolioType Design House)
(Review by Nuno Carriço)
(Review by Joris )
Splash Page can prevent your visitors from browsing your website before they take a certain action, for example, verify their age. According to laws at almost any part of the world, sellers must take strict precaution to prevent selling certain products to minors.
Splash Page can also be used to deliver a message or provide basic navigation instructions.
Possible uses for a Splash page include:
• Restricting access to content that’s not appropriate for a certain age group;
• Getting your visitors to accept the Terms and Conditions of your website;
• Delivering a Welcome message, sometimes with a coupon code or other purchase incentive;
• Offering initial navigation tips and/or providing links to stores for various countries/languages.
The extension is designed so that it’s easy to make the Splash Page effective and non-obtrusive: it saves the data entered by guests and registered customers and makes sure each shopper will see the splash page not more than once. It also enables you to restrict access only to a specific part of your store.
Splash Page extensions for Magento features:
• Enables Admin to configure a mandatory Splash Page that requires a certain action from customer to proceed;
• Allows for introducing Age Verification and/or Acceptance of Terms of your Magento website;
• Redirects users that didn’t pass the Age Verification to a “Forbidden” page configured by Admin;
• Can remove or change product info/image for users that do not comply with the terms defined by the Splash Page;
• Saves visitor’s Date of Birth and automatically fills in the corresponding field during customer registration;
• Doesn’t display the Splash Page for logged-in users who already performed an action required by the Splash Page;
• Saves the session data for non-logged in users and doesn’t display the same Splash Pages more than once for the same user;
• Enables Admin to create several different Splash Pages for one store;
• The functionality can be applied to the whole website, to different store views, to a category, subcategory, or to an individual product;
• The functionality can be applied to a certain brand, provided that you have AITOC’s Shop by Brands extension installed;
• Enables Admin to create a User-Agent list for visitors who don’t need to be redirected to a Splash Page (such as search engine bots, so that they can index the page);
• Content of the Splash Page can be edited with Magento’s standard WYSIWYG editor;
• Comes with User Manual;
• The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
Online Extension User Guide
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
November 12, 2015 (ver. 1.0.13)+ The extension is compatible with SUPEE-6788 patch.
December 24, 2014 (ver. 1.0.13)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11
August 27, 2014 (ver. 1.0.13)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 18.104.22.168
May 27, 2014 (ver. 1.0.13)+ For more flexibility AITOC Rewrite system is now disabled by default but can be enabled fully or partially.
January 24, 2014 (ver. 1.0.12)* Fixed the issue with splash page functionality when the site is on https;
December 17, 2013 (ver. 1.0.11)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 22.214.171.124
October 21, 2013 (ver. 1.0.11)* Fixed the issue with CMS pages missing for "Forbidden CMS page" option;
October 14, 2013 (ver. 1.0.10)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 126.96.36.199
May 17, 2013 (ver. 1.0.9)* Fixed the issue with the module tries to use disabling CMS page for configurable and its simple instead of settings for Global splash CMS page;
May 3, 2013 (ver. 1.0.8)* Fixed the issue with User-Agent ignore list;
February 22, 2013 (ver. 1.0.7)* Fixed the compatibility issue with Holiday Decoration Toolkit;
November 23, 2012 (ver. 1.0.6)* Export products issue is fixed;
August 21, 2012 (ver. 1.0.5)* Fixed some minor issues;
July 9, 2012 (ver. 1.0.4)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52
June 25, 2012 (ver. 1.0.4)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 184.108.40.206
April 26, 2012 (ver. 1.0.4)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11
March 6, 2011 (ver. 1.0.4)* Fixed the issue when date format is DD.MM.YYYY ;
January 13, 2012 (ver. 1.0.3)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 18.104.22.168
November 4, 2011 (ver. 1.0.3)* Fixed the issue with extension in IE7 and IE8;
October 21, 2011 (ver. 1.0.2)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 22.214.171.124
October 18, 2011 (ver. 1.0.2)* Fixed the issue with extension settings if magento has one store only;
August 22, 2011 (ver. 1.0.1)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 126.96.36.199
June 22, 2011 (ver. 1.0.1)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 1.4.x
June 13, 2011 (ver. 1.0.0)+ The extension is launched for Magento 188.8.131.52-1.5.x.x
To get help with any pre-sale questions or to submit a support ticket, please click here .
Note that all duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
To help you with your problem, we need to have all the necessary access details and a detailed descriptions of the problem you have.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Please navigate to "Splash page manager" category in the menu to see the extension in action on the front end. To configure it differently, please use the back-end demo:
Please refer to the User Manual available in the Docs&Help tab.
Please note that the extension is already enabled, there's no need to Manage Aitoc Modules in the back-end of the demo.
RatingReview by Sandy (Posted on 5/8/12)
Thank you for the nice extension. Had a tiny issue but the support team solved it without any hassle. Great support guys. 5/5
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.