(Review by alessandro canè)
(Review by Anton K)
(Review by Eddy van den Berg)
Splash Page can prevent your visitors from browsing your website before they take a certain action, for example, verify their age. According to laws at almost any part of the world, sellers must take strict precaution to prevent selling certain products to minors.
Splash Page can also be used to deliver a message or provide basic navigation instructions.
Possible uses for a Splash page include:
• Restricting access to content that’s not appropriate for a certain age group;
• Getting your visitors to accept the Terms and Conditions of your website;
• Delivering a Welcome message, sometimes with a coupon code or other purchase incentive;
• Offering initial navigation tips and/or providing links to stores for various countries/languages.
The extension is designed so that it’s easy to make the Splash Page effective and non-obtrusive: it saves the data entered by guests and registered customers and makes sure each shopper will see the splash page not more than once. It also enables you to restrict access only to a specific part of your store.
List of features:
• Enables Admin to configure a mandatory Splash Page that requires a certain action from customer to proceed;
• Allows for introducing Age Verification and/or Acceptance of Terms of your website;
• Redirects users that didn’t pass the Age Verification to a “Forbidden” page configured by Admin;
• Can remove or change product info/image for users that do not comply with the terms defined by the Splash Page;
• Saves visitor’s Date of Birth and automatically fills in the corresponding field during customer registration;
• Doesn’t display the Splash Page for logged-in users who already performed an action required by the Splash Page;
• Saves the session data for non-logged in users and doesn’t display the same Splash Pages more than once for the same user;
• Enables Admin to create several different Splash Pages for one store;
• The functionality can be applied to the whole website, to different store views, to a category, subcategory, or to an individual product;
• The functionality can be applied to a certain brand, provided that you have AITOC’s Shop by Brands extension installed;
• Enables Admin to create a User-Agent list for visitors who don’t need to be redirected to a Splash Page (such as search engine bots, so that they can index the page);
• Content of the Splash Page can be edited with Magento’s standard WYSIWYG editor;
• Comes with User Manual;
• The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
May 27, 2014 (ver. 10.0.9)+ For more flexibility AITOC Rewrite system is now disabled by default but can be enabled fully or partially.
March 12, 2014 (ver. 10.0.8)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 188.8.131.52
October 22, 2013 (ver. 10.0.8)* Fixed the issue with CMS pages missing for "Forbidden CMS page" option;
+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 184.108.40.206
July 16, 2013 (ver. 10.0.7)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 220.127.116.11
May 18, 2013 (ver. 10.0.6)* Fixed the issue with the module tries to use disabling CMS page for configurable and its simple instead of settings for Global splash CMS page;
May 3, 2013 (ver. 10.0.5)* Fixed the issue with User-Agent ignore list;
November 23, 2012 (ver. 10.0.4)* Export products issue is fixed.
August 24, 2012 (ver. 10.0.3)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 18.104.22.168
* Fixed some minor issues;
May 3, 2012 (ver. 10.0.2)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 22.214.171.124
March 22, 2012 (ver. 10.0.2)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 126.96.36.199
March 6, 2011 (ver. 10.0.2)* Fixed the issue when date format is DD.MM.YYYY ;
October 18, 2011 (ver. 10.0.1)* Fixed the issue with extension settings if magento has one store only;
June 29, 2011 (ver. 10.0.0)+ The extension is compatible with Magento Enterprise Edition 188.8.131.52 - 184.108.40.206
Please note that you need to have your license registered in order to be able to submit a ticket. License registration is optional, but no support will be performed for unregistered licenses. If your license isn't registered yet, please take a look at this document for instructions. If your license is registered, please follow the link to submit a support ticket.
If you have a pre-sale question, please use this link.
Duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
The support team kindly asks you to provide all necessary access info and give a proper problem description when submitting the initial ticket to speed up the support process.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
RatingReview by Sandy (Posted on 5/8/12)
Thank you for the nice extension. Had a tiny issue but the support team solved it without any hassle. Great support guys. 5/5
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.
Bulk and accrual discounts, and inbuilt discounts on support time.