(Review by Joseph)
(Review by David Bissette @ www.TheGrainMillWF.com)
(Review by James Lai, ShearUp.com)
Help your customers to quickly find the right product with the smart Shopping Assistant extension! Customers don’t always have a clear understanding of what they would like to buy. When the product is too complicated, or when the choice is insufficient or too big, customers may spend all the time they had for shopping without actually making up their minds and making the purchase.
Shopping Assistant is a smart way to guide your customers through the shopping process. It can be set up to provide a set of questions to customers and provide them with the best choice options based on their answers.
Shopping Assistant is quite flexible: it allows customers to skip questions and doesn’t require the full completion of the questionnaire to provide relevant product choices. This extension makes sure the customer finds the right product. It significantly speeds up the search process and makes it more fun.
List of features:
- Admin can create Question Sets for one or several product categories;
- Question Sets can consist of an unlimited number of questions with answers options;
- Each answer option can be bound to a certain product;
- Admin can either bind products to an answer option one by one or specify an attribute which will be used to filter products;
- Automatically filters the product list based on customer’s answers and displays only the relevant products;
- Admin can configure dependencies between answers and following questions. Thus customers will be asked questions which are based on their previous answers;
- Adds “Shopping Assistant” bar on the front-end;
- Enables Admin to provide the text info about how to use the Assistant;
- Allows for different values of Text Fields for different store-views;
- Customer can skip questions, return to previous question to correct an answer, reset all the answers to start from scratch or fold the Shopping Assistant bar at any time and use the product list that was constructed based on the received answers;
- Comes with a User Manual;
- The Extension’s functionality code is 100% Open Source.
Benefits of using Shopping Assistant:
- Higher conversion rate: Shopping Assistant will help the undecided customers to make up their mind faster, and less customers will leave your store without making a purchase;
- Increased Loyalty and Word of Mouth Promotion: Customers who get a good advice from the Shopping Assistant are more likely to come back for more shopping and to suggest your store to their friends;
- 24/7 availability: automatic Shopping Assistant can handle any number of customers at a time and it’s available 24/7;
- No bias or mistake: When configured correctly, the extension can be more reliable than a human consultant, because it can’t “forget” an item, it can’t be biased to a certain customer, and when it comes to some products, people feel more comfortable talking to a machine than to a human being.
When Shopping Assistant is especially useful:
- When you sell presents: Shopping for others is tough, especially when they belong to other social and/or age group. But smart Shopping Assistant can give a good advice, for example, to grandparents who are shopping for their grandkids, or vice versa.
- When you sell products that require high level of product-specific knowledge to make the decision: When it comes to hi-tech products with multiple characteristics it’s hard for an average buyer to take into account all the aspects that are important to decision making. Guide your customers through the shopping process by asking how they intend to use the device to determine what product fits their needs best.
- When you offer a wide range of goods: if a customer wanders into your store that offers lots and lots of various merchandise, there’s a big chance the customer will browse a little and leave without making a purchase. Shopping Assistant is very helpful in engaging customers into being more specific about their needs, and it might offer the customers something they didn’t know they needed.
- When you want to be more pro-active no matter of what you sell: Engage into interaction with your customers, create the “presence”. In other words, show that you care about your customers’ shopping experience.
Our services include 30-day moneyback, 6 months of free support and bug fixing since module purchase date.
To make your experience with AITOC’s extensions simple, we offer paid installation services. If you feel that you might have troubles with module installation, we advise that you order professional installation services before you encounter problems. To order the service please check the Professional Installation box on this page and proceed with the purchase. Once the purchase is confirmed, you will get an automated email in regard to the ordered installation service. Please reply according to the instructions contained in the message.
If you need to extend the core functionality of Magento, please consider AITOC’s Magento Customization services.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
April 12, 2013 (ver. 10.0.8)
* Fixed bug with SQL error.
February 26, 2013 (ver. 10.0.7)
* Fixed bug with error notice on the front-end when there is a question without answers.
February 15, 2013 (ver. 10.0.6)
* Fixed bug error notice, when saving question.
January 15, 2013 (ver. 10.0.5)
* Fixed bug with incorrect displaying of certain conditions;
* Fixed bug with conditions becoming empty when pressing cancel in conditions configuration block.
January 11, 2013 (ver. 10.0.4)
* Fixed bug with Magento crashing when using "Previous" button after "Skip" button;
* Fixed bug with filtering of the products not working with multiselect attributes;
* Fixed bug with the option "Skip" not working;
* Fixed notices and warning in system.log;
* Fixed incorrect representation of error message;
* Fixed incorrect working of Previous button function;
* Fixed incorrect representation of questions area after quick double click.
December 17, 2012 (ver. 10.0.3)
* Fixed bug incorrect saving of answers;
* Fixed bug with crashing when answering some questions.
November 25, 2012 (ver. 10.0.2)
* Adjustments for proper working with the built-in AITOC modules manager.
October 5, 2012 (ver. 10.0.1)
+ Added ability to choose any or all conditions for configuring products for answers;
* Fixed bug with error when choosing an answer.
August 24, 2012 (ver. 10.0.0)
+ Enterprise Edition version of the Extension launched.
Please refer to the FAQ page before submitting a ticket. This might help you solve your problem faster.
We do understand that the details we are requesting are important and confidential. The information will be kept confidential and protected from disclosure and it will only be used for support purposes.
There might be minor differences, but the demo is enough to give you an idea of how the extension works.