Product Custom Options Management
- Unzip and paste the extension file into your root Magento folder.
- Connect to your server by SSH.
- Go to your Magento root folder.
- To install the extension, perform this command:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
_requirejs; adminhtml; frontend.
- To switch the extension on/off, perform these commands:
php bin/magento module:enable Aitoc_ProductCustomOptionsManagement php bin/magento module:disable Aitoc_ProductCustomOptionsManagement
You can activate/deactivate several Aitoc extensions at once by specifying their names separated by space in the command.
STORES > CONFIGURATION > AITOC EXTENSIONS > PRODUCT CUSTOM OPTIONS MANAGEMENT
You may enable default values in options’ fields.
Set the field to ‘Yes’ to manage options’ visibility on the storefront.
Creating a custom options template
CATALOG > OPTION TEMPLATES
Click the button to start creating a new template.
You may delete just one or multiple templates from the grid.
CATALOG > OPTION TEMPLATES - ADD NEW TEMPLATE - GENERAL SETTINGS
Creating a custom options template
- Configure a template per Store View.
- Add a new template title for internal reference.
- By default, SKUs of custom options are added as a suffix to the ordered product’s SKU. Set this field to ‘Yes’ to replace the product’s SKU with SKUs of custom options.
- Set the template’s sort order for the storefront. Use ‘0’ to display this template first in case there are other templates or custom options assigned to the product.
To place templates in a consecutive order, we recommend using ‘1’ for the next template. The smaller the value is in the sort order field, the higher position the template gets on the product page.
CATALOG > OPTION TEMPLATES - ADD NEW TEMPLATE - CUSTOMIZABLE OPTIONS
Hit the button to add a new option to the template.
Click the ‘Change Order’ icon to manage the options’ order on the storefront by dragging the option to a new position.
You may add any number of options to the template. All the options are created in the same way as Magento’s customizable options.
You may disable the option on the storefront if needed.
Check the radio button to make the value default for a specific option. Mot to set any default value, also leave the buttons unchecked.
CATALOG > OPTION TEMPLATES - ADD NEW TEMPLATE - CUSTOMIZABLE OPTIONS - STORE VIEW
Use either a default field value or set it per Store View.
You may add and use custom titles of options and option values in each Store View. Please note that any other changes (e.g. option removal) will cause the same changes in all the Store Views.
You may save and duplicate the template.
Assigning products to the template
CATALOG > OPTION TEMPLATES - ADD NEW TEMPLATE - PRODUCTS
Use the Search to find necessary products.
Check the box and click the ‘Save’ button at the top of the page to assign the product to the template.
CATALOG > PRODUCTS - PRODUCT - CUSTOMIZABLE OPTIONS
Assigning templates to the product
- All available templates are shown on the product page. You may assisgn as many templates to the product as needed.
- Set this field to ‘Yes’ to replace the product’s SKU with SKUs of custom options. Please note that this setting is applied not only to templates, but also to individual customizable options added to the product.
- Set this option to ‘Yes’ to continue using customizable options from the template after it has been unassigned.
CATALOG > PRODUCT
Here is how the same template may be configured for the Store View in the German language.
The order page in the back-end view
SALES > ORDERS - ORDER
You may change the selected options in the order by switching to the edit mode.
The product’s SKU has been replaced by the SKU of the selected option. If the option has no SKU, the product-specific SKU will be used.
Changing options on the order page
SALES > ORDERS - ORDER - EDIT
Hit this button to start adjusting the options.
SALES > ORDERS - ORDER - EDIT - CONFIGURE