Magento 2 doesn't have the ability to implement flexible default shipping rules. In this case, Shipping Rules for Magento 2 is a valuable solution to meet specific merchants’ expectations and to achieve your own goals by managing delivery criteria in accordance with your claims.
With the help of this extension you can:
- Configure custom delivery criteria based on all sorts of product data and shopping cart attributes.
- Create shipping rules depending on the situation of the buyer.
- Use customer location information to show shipping methods.
- Determine which carriers are cheap for your customers and manage their shipping rates.
- Set delivery rates for 1 product or order.
- Calculate delivery rate surcharges, discounts and overrides.
- Use a CSV file for speed up of creation and modification of shipping rules.
Find out how to install the Shipping Rules for Magento 2 via Composer.
All Aitoc extensions can be customized to fit particular business needs. If you have questions about any customization, please drop a message at firstname.lastname@example.org
Be sure you’re at Admin Panel, for general settings STORES → CONFIGURATION → AITOC EXTENSIONS → SHIPPING RULES → GENERAL SETTINGS.
Choose 'Yes' to enable Aitoc Shipping Rules on. If 'No' - shipping rules won't work despite the extension itself is enabled.
Shipping Rules Grid
Shipping Rules are set up in SALES → SHIPPING RULES.
Here you can see all rules.
Also on this handy grid you can find:
- ID (of the rules)
- Shipping Methods
- Rule Action
- Base Amount
- Store Views
- Customer Groups
In the Action column you can Edit shipping rules.
Moreover, you can tick the rules in the Actions dropdown menu and Delete the rules or Change status to Active/Inactive.
Shipping Rule Settings
The Magento 2 Shipping Rules extension has a limitless list of various rules in accordance with particular conditions, different countries, specific products and etc.
|Enabled (Status)||Set the rule as active or inactive.|
|Name||Specify the name of the shipping rule, which will be used in the admin area. It is also displayed on the grid.|
|Description||Fill in the description for the rule.|
|Stores||Select store or multiple stores at the same time. Only the products in the selected store will be applied the restriction.|
|Customer Groups||Apply the restriction to the customers of the selected group or multiple groups.|
|Priority||Define the priority of the restriction. The smaller the number is, the earlier the restriction will be applied in comparison with others.|
|Stop Rule Processing||If the system reaches a rule with the Stop Further Rules Processing flag it will stop going through any lower priority rules. This allows you to make some rules exclusive.|
|From Date/To Date||Choose the date/month/year to start/to end applying the rule.|
Shipping and Area Settings
Here you can select shipping carriers and available shipping methods. Also allow to apply a Shipping Rule in selected store areas (Backend & Frontend, Frontend, Backend).
In this section the following fields are mandatory: Action Type, Apply Type, Calculation and Amount.
There are 3 types of action:
- Re-calculate — changes the original shipping rate to another value, applied for the whole cart.
- Surcharge — adds the resulted value to the current shipping rate.
- Discount — deducts the resulted value from the current shipping rate.
Click on the Action Type drop-down list and choose one.
Then click on the Apply Type drop-down list and select Fixed or Percentage fee.
As for the Calculation drop-down list, you have the following choice:
- Base Shipping Rate
- Percentage type — the fee is calculated depending on the percent from the Cart Subtotal
- Fixed type — the original fee is replaced with the new value
- Per Product
- Percentage type — the fee is calculated depending on the percent from each Item Price
- Fixed type — the fee is calculated using the following algorithm: the base rule amount multiplied on the summary of the availalbe QTY in quote
- For Each Unit of Weight
- Percentage type — the fee is calculated depending on the cost percent of a single unit of the total items weight in the cart
- Fixed type — the fee is calculated using the following algorithm: the base rule amount multiplied on the total items weight in quote
Enter the Percentage or Fixed value in the Amount field.
Apply the rule only to cart items matching the following conditions (leave blank for all items).
If in the previous section you have chosen Base Shipping Rate in the Calculation field, then you don't see this stage settings.
In the Product Conditions tab we specify the price/quantity/weight that is needed for the rule to be applied.
You can Apply the Rule to:
- All orders. The rule will be triggered ignoring the backorder items in the cart.
- Backorders. The rule will be activated when there are only backorder items in the cart.
- Non backorders. The rule will be activated when there are no backorder items in the cart.
If you selected No option, the rule will not be applied for products with free shipping.
Apply the rule only if the following conditions are met (leave blank for all products).
Click on the plus sign to see the dropdown list and choose a condition to add.
|Available Days||Select the day or several days when the rule will be active.|
|Available Time From/Available Time To||Indicate the time period during which the rule will apply.|
|Active if these Cart Price Rules are applied||Make the rule active when the selected Shipping Cart Price rule is applied to the cart.|
|Inactive if these Cart Price Rules are applied||Make the rule inactive when the selected Shipping Cart Price rule is applied to the cart.|
Apply the rule depending on Cart Price Rules (It will override the condition above).
By clicking on 'Save' button you can:
Go to SALES → SHIPPING ZONES.
The module allows you to organize delivery destinations by area and apply the criteria immediately to the whole area at once. Include or exclude from the area different countries, states, regions, cities, zip codes, etc. For example, you can simply set up delivery to remote areas, creating a proper shipping zone that includes these destinations.
Create and easily manage all shipping zones on a handy grid, where you can see the ID, Status, Priority, Name, Action and Store Views of each zone.
Moreover, to perform mass actions, tick the rules and choose the necessary variant from the Actions dropdown menu. Delete, or Change Status in one click.
Shipping Zone Settings
Then open the General tab. Here is an example how we create a New Shipping Zone.
Choose 'Yes' to enable the Shipping Zone on.
Shipping Zone Name(mandatory field) - specify the title of the zone. It will be displayed on the grid and in the rules conditions.
Description - define additional information about the zone. For example: the cases of usage, regions included, etc. The description will be displayed on the grid as well.
Stores(mandatory field) - select store or multiple stores at the same time.
Shipping Zone Conditions
This step is about specifying the particular regions.
Click on the plus sign to see the dropdown list and choose a condition to add. Besides, the Conditions combination is available here.
By clicking on 'Save' button you can: