(Review by Fernando Lopes Maia)
(Review by magento booster installation)
(Review by Welspun UK)
Advanced Permissions extension for Magento enables the Super Admin to assign permissions to admin panel users for editing products, managing product categories, managing orders, customers, design and configurations within specific catalogs, Magento store views and websites. The information on the dashboard is displayed in accordance with user’s roles and permissions;
This extension will be particularly useful for Magento stores with big catalogs, for multiple store views and for businesses that need to allow users with restricted permissions to manage their own stores and products. Multi-vendor setup is available when splitting permissions by websites.
List of features:
Products/Categories Management Permissions features
- Assign permission on product editing per category, store view and website;
- Assign permission on categories editing per store and store view;
- Allow/Forbid product deletion to a role;
- Switch on/off the ability for sub-admins to edit global attributes for their available products;
- Configure sub-admins roles to view/edit only own products;
- Recieve notifications about new products and categories created by sub-admin, review and approve them to be displayed on the front-end;
- Set which product tabs are available for a role when editing products;
- Set which product attributes are available for a role when editing products;
- Allow/deny the product creation for a role;
- Allow/deny specific product type(s) creation for a role.
Order Management Permissions features
- Restrict order management per store view and website;
- Configure sub-admins roles to view/edit only orders that contain their products.
General Permissions Restriction Features
Super-Admin can restrict the following:
- Configuration management per store view and website;
- Customers management per website of the selected store view;
- Access to the following CMS elements: Pages, Static blocks, Widgets and Polls and manage them per website and store-view;
- Access to Promotions section per website;
- Access to Newsletter Subscribers per store, website and store-view;
- Access and management rights per website and store to the following Reports: Sales, Abandoned Carts, Products, Customers, Reviews and Tags;
- Access to several store-views or websites for a Role.
Role Creation Features:
- A "Duplicate" button on Role edit page allows for creating a new Role with the same settings and restrictions.
The extension comes with a User Manual and an Installation Guide. The extension’s functionality is 100% Open Source.
With this extension you will be able to give your staff clearly defined responsibilities and will gain better control over your information.
Online Extension User Guide
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
March 13, 2015 (ver. 2.10.7)* Fixed the issue with viewing orders by subadmin when there is a prefix in magento DB.
November 27, 2014 (ver. 2.10.6)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 22.214.171.124
October 30, 2014 (ver. 2.10.6)* Fixed the issue with product activating availability by Sub-Admin through mass action when products approving enabled;
* Compatibility fix with AITOC Individual Promotions extension (sql-error when clicking on customer groups filter is fixed).
October 9, 2014 (ver. 2.10.5)* Fixed the issue with direct link available to sub-admin for editing the restricted product.
September 18, 2014 (ver. 2.10.4)* Fixed the crash when product in admin panel is opened by a sub-admin user (Magento CE 126.96.36.199 and older);
September 11, 2014 (ver. 2.10.3)* Fixed the issue with limiting access to change the product URL keys;
* Fixed the issue with limiting access to create product using button 'duplicate' although creating products is disabled.
July 24, 2014 (ver. 2.10.2)* Fixed the issue with limiting access to group price and tier price attributes.
June 25, 2014 (ver. 2.10.1)* Fixed the 404 error when Advanced Permissions and Multi-Location Inventory are enabled together.
June 11, 2014 (ver. 2.10.0)+ Enables super-admin to allow sub-admin users to manage only those orders that contain their own products.
May 27, 2014 (ver. 2.9.4)+ For more flexibility AITOC Rewrite system is now disabled by default but can be enabled fully or partially.
April 14, 2014 (ver. 2.9.3)* Fixed the issue with displaying CMS pages for restricted admin.
April 10, 2014 (ver. 2.9.2)* Fixed the issue with order not available for sub-admin if "Show All Customers" is set to No and order is placed by "NOT LOGGED IN" customer.
April 4, 2014 (ver. 2.9.0)+ Product editor permission tab is added where Super Admin can set what product tabs are available for a role when editing products;
+ Super Admin can set which product attributes are available for a role when editing products;
+ Super Admin can allow/deny the product creation for a role;
+ Super Admin can allow/deny specific product type(s) creation for a role.
April 2, 2014 (ver. 2.8.9)* Fixed the issue with promotion labels for a restricted admin.
March 26, 2014 (ver. 2.8.8)* Fixed the issue with 'product owner' field for restricted admin.
March 24, 2014 (ver. 2.8.7)* Fixed the issue with inventory tab when creating product by sub-admin user.
March 24, 2014 (ver. 2.8.6)* Fixed the issue with creating product by restricted admin.
March 3, 2014 (ver. 2.8.5)* Fixed the issue with product attributes and store view scope.
February 19, 2014 (ver. 2.8.4)* Fixed the compatibility issue with Multi-Location Inventory (ver. 2.1.12+).
February 13, 2014 (ver. 2.8.3)* Fixed the compatibility issue with Multi-Location Inventory.
January 31, 2014 (ver. 2.8.2)* Fixed the issue with store view admin permission that allowed to change the option limited to website.
December 12, 2013 (ver. 2.8.1)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52
December 6, 2013 (ver. 2.8.1)* Fixed the issue with mass delete products action.
November 25, 2013 (ver. 2.8.0)+ NEW Feature - Admin can now limit access for a Role to website on Promotions.
November 14, 2013 (ver. 2.7.7)* One Store View and admin restricted by website issue is fixed.
October 23, 2013 (ver. 2.7.6)* Fixed the issue with opening order by Sub-Admin user;
* Fixed the issue with "Set owner" option on products grid;
October 9, 2013 (ver. 2.7.5)* Fixed the issue with "Created_by" column issue when exporting/importing products in Magento;
September 26, 2013 (ver. 2.7.4)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 184.108.40.206
September 23, 2013 (ver. 2.7.4)* Fixed the issue with categories access when sub-admin user is limited by categories;
* Fixed the issue with updating product information via SOAP API;
September 10, 2013 (ver. 2.7.3)* Fixed the issue with displaying of product added;
August 20, 2013 (ver. 2.7.2)* Fixed the issue with displaying 'website" column on the product grid;
* Fixed the issue with configurable products and restriction by store-views;
* Improved the logic when limiting access to websites - website need to be specified when creating new product;
August 1, 2013 (ver. 2.7.0)+ The option to approve categories created by sub-admin is added;
* Fixed the issue with opening product by sub-admin when advanced permissions is installed and disabled;
* Fixed the issue with user role can not be determined when saving a product via api.
July 10, 2013 (ver. 2.6.2)* Fixed the issue with creating a simple product from configurable using 'Quick create' button;
July 1, 2013 (ver. 2.6.1)* Fixed the issue with saving a product when Advanced Permissions is installed and enabled, but turned off for particular role;
* Fixed the error when database tables have a prefix.
June 20, 2013 (ver. 2.6.0)+ New feature - ability to change product owner, when "Allow manage own products" setting is on;
* Fixed bug with inability to create category by sub-admin.
May 29, 2013 (ver. 2.5.1)
* Fixed bug with inability to edit product when certain settings are combined.
May 17, 2013 (ver.2.5.0)
+ New setting added, which lets Super Admin determine whether sub-admins can see products without any category assigned or not;
* Fixed bug with incorrect display of custom prices in Catalog->Manage Categories;
* Fixed bug with incorrect display of products for sub-admin;
* Fixed bug with incorrect operation of "use default" checkbox;
* Fixed bug with incorrect validation in Role settings.
April 1, 2013 (ver.2.4.4)
* Fixed bug with incorrect display of reports in Reports->Sales->Orders according to Roles settings;
* Fixed bug with incorrect display of reports in Reports->Shopping Cart->Products according to Roles settings.
February 25, 2013 (ver.2.4.3)
+ Added ability to restrict access to Newsletter Subscribers section by stores, store-views and websites.
January 30, 2013 (ver.2.4.2)
* Fixed fatal error with session cookie.
December 20, 2012 (ver.2.4.0)
* Fixed bug with "Allow to manage own products" checkbox;
* Fixed bug with "Display all products" setting;
* Fixed bug with ability to see products from restricted category;
* Fixed some minor bugs.
November 23, 2012 (ver.2.3.12)
* Adjustments for proper working with the built-in AITOC modules manager.
August 29, 2012 (ver.2.3.11)
* Fixed bug inability to create bundle product by sub-admin with "allow update global attributes" setting off.
August 24, 2012 (ver.2.3.10)
* Fixed bug with SQL error when creating simple products for configurable product.
August 16, 2012 (ver.2.3.9)
* Fixed bug with ability to edit SKU and Weight by sub-admin restricted to edit Global attributes.
July 30, 2012 (ver.2.3.8)
* Fixed sub-admin can't save new products;
* Fixed incorrect working of License limitation
July 14, 2012 (ver.2.3.7)
* Compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11.
July 13, 2012 (ver.2.3.7)
* Fixed bug with fatal error in manage categories;
* Fixed bug with inability to add product to an order; * Compatible with Magento 18.104.22.168.
June 29, 2012 (ver.2.3.6)
* Fixed bug with error when managing CMS.
June 18, 2012 (ver.2.3.5)
* Fixed bug with ability to save a new product by sub-admin with not filling mandatory fields, when "update global attributes" setting is off.
June 14, 2012 (ver.2.3.4)
* Fixed bug with fatal error when accessing categories with limited admin.
+ Added feature "Duplicate Role"
June 06, 2012 (ver.2.3.3)
* Fixed bug with saving Role's access to categories with more than 3rd embedding.
May 23, 2012 (ver.2.3.2)
+ When checking a parent category, child categories are checked automatically;
* Fixed bug with impossibility to copy order items to a new order in Admin CP;
* Fixed possibility to update global attributes via bulk attribute update, when the "Allow to update global attributes" setting is off.
* Fixed bug with empty product list in an order when viewing with sub-admin account;
* Fixed bug with fatal error when editing an order with sub-admin account;
* Fixed bug with ability to edit all products by direct URL with sub-admin account set to edit only own products;
* Fixed bug with ability to edit Global attributes if enable it via firebug;
May 18, 2012 (ver.2.3.1)
* Fixed bug with empty product list, when creating an order in Admin CP by sub-admin user;
* Fixed incorrect displaying of Advanced Permissions tab in IE9.
April 30, 2012 (ver.2.3.0)
+ Added new setting "Approve new products";
+ Added new feature "Notification of Super-Admin about new products".
April 28, 2012 (ver.2.2.15)
+ Compatible with Magento 22.214.171.124.
April 11, 2012 (ver.2.2.15)
* Fixed bug with not correct displaying of Reports data;
* Fixed bug with products not displaying in Manage Categories.
April 02, 2012 (ver.2.2.14)
* Fixed the bug with saving a restricted attribute.
March 28, 2012 (ver.2.2.13)
* Fixed the bug with creating simple products for configurables.
March 7, 2012 (ver.2.2.12)
+ A new setting, which allows super admin to configure sub-admins Roles to view/edit only own products;
* Fixed the bug with absence of Delete option in Mass actions drop-down in Product grid.
February 17, 2012 (ver.2.2.11)
* Clients having another our extensions running may experience an error upon opening Sales > Orders page. Fixed.
January 13, 2012 (ver.2.2.10)
* Compatible with Magento 126.96.36.199.
January 05, 2012 (ver.2.2.10)
* Minor bugfix.
December 19, 2011 (ver.2.2.9)
+ Added new setting "Allow editing global attributes for products" for restricted admins.
November 21, 2011 (ver.2.2.8)
* Fixed minor bug with static block in Categories section.
October 26, 2011 (ver.2.2.7)
* Compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52.
September 21, 2011 (ver.2.2.7)
* Fixed issue with Advanced Permissions settings for role becoming disabled after role resaving. (bug appeared again in 2.2.6).
September 5, 2011 (ver.2.2.6)
* Compatible with Magento 1.6.0;
* Fixed issue with "Show All Customers" setting not working;
* Fixed issue with list of orders from a websites being visible for staff who don't have access for this website;
* Fixed issue with not being able to save role preferences.
July 27, 2011 (ver.2.2.5)
* Fixed issue with Advanced Permissions settings for role becoming disabled after role resaving.
June 24, 2011 (ver.2.2.4)
* Fixed issue with website unassignment after product modification by restricted admin;
+ Advanced Language Pack for the extension added:
June 7, 2011 (ver.2.2.3)
* Fixed incorrect binding of CMS pages and Polls by store-view;
* Fixed incorrect displaying of products when filtered by Store-view in 'Choose Store View' drop-down.
May 23, 2011 (ver.2.2.2)
* Fixed bug with disappearing of product when setting status to Disabled for restricted user (1.5 version);
* Fixed incorrect creating of products when restricted user had access to non-default store of a website.
May 13, 2011 (ver.2.2.1)
+ Added compatibility with Magento 1.5.1;
* Fixed bug with displaying only available websites in filter drop-down on Manage Products page;
* Products, not assigned to any category can't be edited by user, restricted by store-view;
* Not correct operation of Choose store view drop-down.
April 21, 2011 (ver.2.2.0)
+ Added ability to restrict access for a Role to several store-views or websites.
April 5, 2011 (ver.2.1.6)
* Fixed bug with "Show all customers" setting.
May 26, 2010
+ Enables to assigning Permissions per website;
+ Enables to restrict access to the following CMS elements: Pages, Static blocks, Widgets and Polls;
+ Enables to restrict access to the following Reports: Sales, Abandoned Carts, Products, Customers, Reviews and Tags;
+ Info on the dashboard is displayed in accordance with user’s roles and permissions.
February 24, 2010
Compatible with Magento 1.4.
January 1, 2010 (ver. 1.1.1)
+ Admin can restrict:
- order management per store view;
- configuration management per store view;
- categories editing per store view.
To get help with any pre-sale questions or to submit a support ticket, please click here .
Note that all duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
To help you with your problem, we need to have all the necessary access details and a detailed descriptions of the problem you have.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Super-admin account: admin/a111111
computers / a111111 (With access limited to Website);
main_english / a111111 (With access limited to Store View);
demo_admin / a111111 (With access limited to Store Views/Categories)
Please note that the extension is already enabled, there's no need to Manage Aitoc Modules in the back-end of the demo.
RatingReview by Daniel S. (Posted on 4/17/15)
I think this is the best extension out there. My customer is completely happy now. I purchased this extension to limit access for the staff in the back-end. My client has 40 staff working on different task every day. It was a nightmare to track so that they won't do anything with things they should not touch. This solution made my day. I had a small conflict with other extension but the support fixed it within 1 hour.
Greeting from Denmark.
RatingReview by John (Posted on 12/17/14)
Very good extension. Works perfectly with multistore magento sites.
Thanks a lot!
RatingReview by Tyrone Cabalar (Posted on 6/11/14)
My complex multi-website project needed the Aitoc Advanced Permissions module to get the job done. AITOC's support team works is able to identify the complex issues to get fulfill my needs.
Thank you for your hardwork!
RatingReview by Roberta (Posted on 5/29/14)
This extension is critical to our multi-store implementation. We need it. It just works. Excellent support.
RatingReview by Tobias Rafreider (Posted on 4/9/14)
A great and powerful Magento extension. Absolutely worth its money. The extension does what it promises and runs smoothly on our multi-website and store project. I can confirm the quick support other customers have already mentioned.
Keep up the good work!
RatingReview by Sheriff Is lam (Posted on 2/28/14)
This extension is really good.
I would love to recommend to buy.
It is very easy to install.
In addition, support is very helpful.
RatingReview by SamMoffatt (Posted on 10/25/13)
We were developing 3 separate stores to be run off of one internal system, and this module provided all the features we needed.
Allowing ourselves as administrators to restrict user access to the other stores really simplified the whole process and saved us an abundance of time it would have cost to set up 3 different databases over 3 different installations.
Would highly recommend to anyone who was at the point of expanding their network, but still wanted everything kept under one roof.
RatingReview by Emanuele (Posted on 10/23/13)
This extension is really excellent and the center support is very fast in the responses. I recommend it to everyone this extension.
RatingReview by andCompany (Posted on 9/4/13)
Excellent extension - very simpel and good functionality.
Perfect support if you have some question and very usefull answer...
Great and thanks to Aitoc
RatingReview by Ashley (Posted on 7/17/13)
Module is good and does what it says will, however it took me hours to get this working. Advice, read the installation guide even if you have been working with Magento for years. I dislike the pricing rules imposed by aitoc, no other developer seems to do this (i.e. Charge by number of products or users etc). Ensure you enable the cache option once installed, My server nearly had a meltdown with class rewrites until I noticed this was causing the issue and then load resumed to normal.
The API does not work when using this module and complains about Call to a member function getRole() on a non-object so I have now had to disable this module until this is resolved. Submitted support ticket and awaiting response. On the whole, the module is pretty clever for the admin interface and does what it says, but the above points really really let the module and company down. I have never had so many issues with a Paid For module and have developed probably 50 of my own so like to think I know what I am doing....
RatingReview by Gajenkar Topasitz (Posted on 4/26/13)
Advanced Permissions made our latest Magento multi-website project possible. It's a great module! AITOC's support team works fast and helps with any problems.
Thank you so much for your work!
RatingReview by Andreas (Posted on 4/3/13)
Great Plugin, great support!
RatingReview by Matthias (Posted on 3/18/13)
Works really fine and the Support is great!
Reaction Time is often less than 30 minutes. Great!
RatingReview by Aurelien Lavorel (Posted on 3/7/13)
This extension just rocks, fast answer from support for test mode and works at first time, real great if you have a partner for your others languages. Thanks !
RatingReview by Harry (Posted on 1/3/13)
I am very impressed with Aitoc's fantastic support. It's really great module and there is no doubt that it is the best option for multi-website project! Absolutely 5 Stars!
RatingReview by Excellent product & fantastic support (Posted on 10/16/12)
The product does exactly what it says on the tin and when I had a problem (conflict with a delete orders extension) they fixed it for me the same day.
Great service, thank you.
RatingReview by Tony (Posted on 10/16/12)
We purchased this extension to use on an expansive multiple storefront project and I was blown away with how simple to use and powerful this extension is! We only had a single problem that was resolved by AITOC's AMAZING support team within 24 hours of submitting a support ticket. These guys are number one in the extension game and I would tell anyone that is looking for an extension to use these guys. THANK YOU!
RatingReview by Bob (Posted on 10/9/12)
As a developer I use a lot of Aitoc modules, they all work great. But what is even better, is the great, fast and effective support we've received after a small problem that occurred in one of the more advanced and customized Magento installations.
Absolutly 5/5 stars
RatingReview by jeet roy (Posted on 10/4/12)
Nice Module.. but how can we do order management?
There is no step given in the user manual for order management.
AITOC: Order management restriction can be set the same way Catalog restriction is set in the User Guide. You just need to check Order section in Role Resources.
RatingReview by Dmitry (Posted on 9/30/12)
RatingReview by Alexandre (Posted on 5/25/12)
Awesome technical support...
Module worked great in our site, very handy... today (25/05/12) we've experienced a problem in our site that didnt even came from AITOC extension (came from an extension from another company) but our log pointed the error to AITOC extension.. they fixed everything and saved our day (if it werent for their technical support we could lose at least 400 orders)
So i cannot thank AITOC devellopers enought for their help and attention
The most trusted support that we've meet until this day
Alexandre - Ecommerce in France/Brasil
RatingReview by Antonino (Posted on 4/4/12)
I solved many problems, the extension works perfectly!
RatingReview by surendra Jirel (Posted on 3/14/12)
Superb module .............great help with multistore magento sites.
RatingReview by Brian Johnston (Posted on 12/29/10)
Advanced Permissions is a flexible and powerful module. Exactly what we needed. AITOC's support has been magnificent. They are very responsive, efficient and quick to resolve. Thanks!
RatingReview by Jateen Patel (Posted on 10/7/10)
Hi to all,
I found this extenstion very very very useful,
If you can provide the order-mangement in demo then it would be much better.
RatingReview by Agentur Konitzer (Posted on 9/29/10)
Advanced Permissions made our latest Magento multi-website project possible. It's a great module! AITOC's support team works fast and helps with any problems.
Thank you so much for your work!
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.