(Review by Osama Mjalli)
(Review by Jeff Minor - CTO - Goedekers.com)
(Review by Frank P)
Get more reviews to get more sales in your Magento store!
Product reviews might be a major factor in your customers’ decision-making process. Review Booster extension for Magento will help you get more reviews and increase your sales. The extension consists of two major functionality parts: Magento Reviews Reminder stimulates your customers to write product reviews, and Magento Reviews Sidebar displays them nicely.
Magento Reviews Reminder features
- New Feature - allows to assign different reminder templates for different store-views;
- Allows for sending Magento review reminders automatically or manually;
- Enables Admin to determine which order status is to trigger review reminders;
- Allows to set whether all or only subscribed to newsletter customers will be able to receive reminders;
- Allows for selecting more than one status and/or a custom status (if supported by Magento);
- Enables Admin to create/edit/delete reminders;
- Allows to create reminders for orders that were completed before the extension installation;
- Provides Admin with an editable html template for Magento review reminders;
- Allows Admin to configure the delay period between the purchase and review reminder;
- Enables Admin to sort and filter reminders by store view;
- Saves the history of sent reminders and allows to delete them;
- Allows Admin to send reminders only once for a particular product to the same customer. So if customers purchase the same product several times, they will get only one Magento review reminder;
- Allows customers to unsubscribe from getting review reminders;
- Enables Admin to track which customers used the link from the reminder and when.
Reviews Block features
- The block can be placed on any static page;
- Allows for displaying product images in the block;
- Enables Admin to configure the maximum number of Magento reviews per product and review length in words;
- Has an option of displaying only reviews with given rating or higher;
- Has an option of displaying reviews from current category only;
- Has an option of displaying unique Magento reviews during a browser session;
- The block can be switched on/off;
- Block shows reviews only for products being sold in the current store;
- Includes optimized product URLs in Magento reviews block;
- Allows to display summary ratings;
- The block has easy customizable look and feel, compatible with most custom themes.
The extension comes with a User Manual. The extension's functionality code is 100% Open Source.
+ stands for new feature added
* stands for bugfix
September 27, 2013 (ver. 2.4.0)+ The extension is compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11
April 18, 2013 (ver. 2.4.0)+ New setting, which allows to choose whether an Order has to pass all chosen in the config statuses for a reminder to be created, or just any of the chosen status;
+ New setting, which allows to delete reminders for Orders, which have been fully or partially refunded.
January 26, 2013 (ver. 2.3.4 for Magento 1.4.0.x - 18.104.22.168 and ver.2.1.17 for Magento 1.3.x)* Minor fix.
January 25, 2013 (ver. 2.3.3)+ Ability to assign different reminder templates for different store-views.
November 25, 2012 (ver. 2.3.3 for Magento CE 1.4.x+; ver. 2.1.16 for Magento CE 1.3.x)* Adjustments for proper working with the built-in AITOC modules manager.
July 10, 2012 (ver. 2.3.2)* Compatible with Magento 22.214.171.124
June 26, 2012 (ver. 2.3.1)* Compatible with Magento 126.96.36.199.
May 14, 2012 (ver. 2.3.1)* Fixed issue with not displaying logo in reminder e-mail;
* Compatible with Magento 188.8.131.52.
March 14, 2012 (ver. 2.3.0)+ New setting, which allows to determine whether all or only subscribed to newsletter customers will be able to receive reminders.
February 24, 2012 (ver. 2.2.1)* Compatible with Magento 184.108.40.206.
January 09, 2012 (ver. 2.2.0)* Reminders generating functionality re-worked.
October 20, 2011 (ver. 2.1.18)* Compatible with Magento 220.127.116.11.
September 28, 2011 (ver. 2.1.18)* Fixed bug with error message when generating reminder for doubling Order IDs.
September 7, 2011 (ver. 2.1.17)* Compatible with Magento 1.6.0.
June 29, 2011 (ver. 2.1.17)+ Advanced Language Pack for the extension
June 21, 2011+ Enables Admin to determine which order status is to trigger review reminders;
+ Allows for selecting more than one status and/or a custom status (if supported by Magento).
January 11, 2011* Fixed bug with saving incorrect date for reminders, when Magento locale is changed and the date format is different from standard one.
May 26, 2010* Important security update (for 1.3 and 1.4 compatible versions) - the registered customers' account are no longer vulnerable to hackers.
March 05, 2010+ Compatible with Magento 1.4.
October 2010+ Ability for admin to send reminders only one time for a particular product to the same customer (if enabled, customers, who purchase the same product several times, will get only one review reminder);
+ Ability for customers to unsubscribe from getting reminders;
+ Ability to display product images in the block (inspired by jellybabys);
+ Ability to sort and filter reminders by store view;
+ Ability to display summary ratings (inspired by got-bonsai and Chris Welch);
+ Ability to create reminders for orders that were completed before the extension installation;
+ Optimized product urls in reviews block.
Please note that you need to have your license registered in order to be able to submit a ticket. License registration is optional, but no support will be performed for unregistered licenses. If your license isn't registered yet, please take a look at this document for instructions. If your license is registered, please follow the link to submit a support ticket.
If you have a pre-sale question, please use this link.
Duplicated tickets automatically go to the end of the queue.
The support team kindly asks you to provide all necessary access info and give a proper problem description when submitting the initial ticket to speed up the support process.
Regular working hours of AITOC Support Team are Monday – Friday, 8 am - 5 pm GMT (3 am -12 pm EST).
Please note that the extension is already enabled, there's no need to Manage Aitoc Modules in the back-end of the demo.
RatingReview by David Gray (Posted on 3/29/13)
Excellent product. Without this extension we get close to zero reviews, when this is activated reviews pour in. Highly recommended for generating increased reviews, which increases sales - if you have quality merchandise and service.
RatingReview by Budi (Posted on 2/24/12)
Upon installing, there's initial issue with page speed but immediately the issue resolved by Yuriy, AITOC support
Later on i realize there's another speed issue on submitting review. They check my site thoroughly and found it's actually incompatibility issue with page cache extension which basically useless. Uninstall catalog cache extension and viola, back to speedy. Many thanks to Yuriy.
I'm really impressed by their support and the willingness to go extra mile on support and problem solving
Even at time when submitting review is slow, the extension still generates more review than before. Current chance of reminder convert is 20-30%, but i believe it'll significantly raise tomorrow since review submit time is solved (back to 2second submit time)
The extension really pay itself, customer is now more engaged and sales went up even though no new marketing effort done after i install this extension
Overall, highly recommended, currently i'm checking what other extension from this provider i might need
RatingReview by Emil (Posted on 6/9/11)
Great, sophisticated Extension. It installed like a charm and generated 6 new customer reviews about 10 minutes after the installation was completed. Priceless! :-)
RatingReview by GREAT Extension / Bad Technical Support (Posted on 1/18/11)
This is a GREAT extension that does a very important job! We got positive results from it right away. It was very easy to install, HOWEVER, the installation guide does not include details about the cron job that needs to be set up for the automatic sending of emails and the technical support has NOT been very helpful or responsive to inquiries about this or other questions we submitted.
COMMENT FROM AITOC: Thank you for pointing out the problem with the Installation Guide. The new version of the Installation Guide is already available. As for the quality of support you got - I'm sorry, it's usually better.
RatingReview by Harry (Posted on 5/7/10)
Brilliant Extension! We installed it and then sent out 3 months' worth of review requests and have been astonished at how many brilliant reviews we've received in no time! I reckon this extension will pay for itself in a month or two if not less. Well done AITOC!
RatingReview by Excellent extension (Posted on 4/19/10)
Great quality extension, easy installation. Has been working great for us. (We just wish there were more people willing to submit reviews!!)
RatingReview by Paul (Posted on 1/21/10)
A simple idea,
A great update,
and it works!
We love to see feedback on our products and this automates the process for us. Highly recommended!
Only gripe is that Grouped products do not benefit from the reviews for associated simple products. Would definately provide it with a 5 star review when that feature is added, but don't let that stop you using it today!
Write Your Own Review
Why choose AITOC modules and support services.
Bulk and accrual discounts, and inbuilt discounts on support time.