- Unzip and paste the extension file into your root Magento folder.
- Connect to your server by SSH.
- Go to your Magento root folder.
- To install the extension, perform this command:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
- To switch the extension on/off, perform these commands:
php bin/magento module:enable Aitoc_VoiceSearch php bin/magento module:disable Aitoc_VoiceSearch
You can activate/deactivate several Aitoc extensions at once by specifying their names separated by space in the command.
STORES > CONFIGURATION > AITOC EXTENSIONS > VOICE SEARCH OR AITOC > Voice Search > Configuration
Enabled: Yes/No - Sets whether the module is enabled or disabled.
Voice Speech Starting Text: Text - Sets the text that is displayed in the search box when voice search is used.
Once you have the module installed and configured, you should see a microphone icon appear in the search bar on your front-end. To use the voice search function, first ensure that you have a working microphone connected to your device;
1. Click on the microphone icon in the search bar
2. The text entered in "Voice Speech Starting Text" will appear, indicating that you can speak your search term.
3. The search term you spoke will be automatically entered into the text field and searched for on the site
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING AITOC EXTENSIONS!