Voice Search module enables voice input feature for search. With the help of the module, the user will be able to speak and spoken words will be converted into search terms which will be used to display search results.
Voice Search module is compatible with the following Magento platforms:
|Community Edition (Open Source)||Enterprise Edition (Commerce)||Cloud Edition|
|2.3.0 - 2.4.*||2.3.0 - 2.4.*||2.3.0 - 2.4.*|
The Voice Search functionality only works with browsers that support the Web Speech API (For example, Google Chrome, Safari, etc).
Installing module using zip file
- Unzip and paste the extension file into your root Magento folder.
- Connect to your server by SSH.
- Go to your Magento root folder.
- To install the extension, perform this command:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:di:compile php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy
If you haven't installed any Aitoc module before, in that case first you will need to add your Aitoc composer repository. Please go through the document to see how you can add composer repository.
To install the module, you will need to run following commands:
composer require aitoc/voice-search php bin/magento setup:upgrade php bin/magento setup:di:compile php bin/magento setup:static-content:deploy -f
- To switch the extension on/off, perform these commands:
php bin/magento module:enable Aitoc_VoiceSearch php bin/magento module:disable Aitoc_VoiceSearch
- To update the module, use below command:
composer update aitoc/voice-search
STORES > CONFIGURATION > AITOC EXTENSIONS > VOICE SEARCH OR AITOC > Voice Search > Configuration
Enabled: Yes/No - Sets whether the module is enabled or disabled.
Voice Speech Starting Text: Text - Sets the text that is displayed in the search box when voice search is used.
Once you have the module installed and configured, you should see a microphone icon appear in the search bar on your front-end. To use the voice search function, first ensure that you have a working microphone connected to your device;
1. Click on the microphone icon in the search bar
2. The text entered in "Voice Speech Starting Text" will appear, indicating that you can speak your search term.
3. The search term you spoke will be automatically entered into the text field and searched for on the site
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING AITOC EXTENSIONS!