As you may have heard, Adobe is in the final stages of beta-testing a new Magento 2.4.4 version, which is set for public release on April 12th. Despite being a minor version change from the previous Magento 2.4.3, the new release can be considered a major update and will bring nearly 250 quality fixes and enhancements.
So, what can we expect?
- 33+ security fixes and improvements
- Support of PayPal Pay Later
- Availability of Page Builder to the Magento Open Source
- New features for GraphQL and PWA Studio
- OpenSearch support added
- Compatibility with Redis 6.0.12
- An upgrade of the KnockoutJS library to v3.5.1
- New Composer plugin
- Only Braintree remains as a vendor bundled module. So Magento Marketplace installation is now required to keep Amazon Pay, dotdigital Engagement Cloud, Klarna, Vertex Cloud and Yotpo Product Reviews
But that’s not all. The development team at Magento have been hard at work improving the quality of the Magento 2.4.3 framework. As a result, customers get enhanced:
- Customer Account
- Promotions and Targeting
- Cart and Checkout
- B2B (for Commerce edition)
- Staging and Preview (for Commerce edition)
Looks good, but why would you want to risk an upgrade if your store is working fine as it is?
The answer is simple; to remain efficient and protected. You’ll benefit from all the newest features, whilst being protected from security faults and breaches.
Now, more than ever, security breaches in ecommerce websites are one of the biggest risks of business disruption, and so keeping up to date is very important.
Magento 2.4.4 allows you to securely handle complex product catalogs up to 10 times larger than before and process 5 times greater transaction volumes. On top of this, you’ll find significant improvements in performance for both the admin and storefront from the adoption of PHP 8.1.
In short, Magento 2.4.4 offers a plethora of improvements in both performance and security for online stores. This update can ensure your Magento-based business stays efficient and protected while providing customers with a speedy, faultless shopping experience.
The public release of this platform is April 12th 2022, so now is the perfect time to start preparing your store for this transition.
Aitoc can smooth your upgrade to 2.4.4, so talk to our experts today.