Google Customer Reviews
Google Customer Reviews helps you collect feedback from users who've made a purchase on your site. Ratings from Google Customer Reviews apply to your Google seller ratings eligibility. Seller ratings appear on Search Ads, in Google Shopping, and on an optional badge that can be displayed on your site. Google Customer Reviews is working for the following countries: Argentina, Australia, Austria, Belgium, Brazil, Canada, Chile, China, Colombia, Czech Republic, Denmark, France, Germany, India, Ireland, Italy, Indonesia, Japan, Hong Kong, Malaysia, Mexico, New Zealand, Netherlands, Norway, the Philippines, Poland, Portugal, Russia, Singapore, South Africa, Spain, Sweden, Switzerland, Taiwan, Turkey, United Arab Emirates, United States, and the United Kingdom.
How it works Customers who’ve made a purchase on your site are presented with an option to opt-in to receive an email requesting feedback from Google about their experience with your store. If the customer opts-in, they may receive an email after their order has arrived. The collected ratings are then displayed on your Google Customer Reviews badge. They also appear in your Merchant Center dashboard and are used for seller ratings. The Google Customer Reviews program has 4 main features:
- Google Customer Reviews opt-in: An offer that appears to all customers after checkout. Users who opt-in may receive an email from Google Customer Reviews asking them to rate their experience with your store.
- Google Customer Reviews badge: A badge on your site that helps users easily identify your site with the Google brand. The badge displays the seller rating score of 1-5 stars and can be placed on any page on your site.
- Google Customer Reviews survey: The survey is an optional, brief questionnaire that enables customers to rate their purchase experiences with your site.
- Seller ratings: An aggregate score that appears on search ads and Google Shopping, as well on Google Customer Reviews badges.
This rating will appear on search ads, Google Customer Reviews and Google Shopping badge.
To install the extension to your Magento 2 store, please follow these steps:
- Unzip and paste the extension file into your root Magento folder.
- Connect to your server by SSH.
- Go to your Magento root folder.
- To install the extension, perform this command:
php bin/magento setup:upgrade
_requirejs; adminhtml; frontend.
- To switch the extension on/off, perform these commands:
php bin/magento module:enable Aitoc_GoogleCustomerReview php bin/magento module:disable Aitoc_GoogleCustomerReview
You can activate/deactivate several Aitoc extensions at once by specifying their names separated by space in the command.
To install the extension via composer please read this guide.
- Create your Google Merchant Account. Click here to see instructions.
Enabling widget functionality Note that you need to enable widget functionality in your Google Merchant account. Go to Program setup → Merchant Center programs: Find Customer Reviews and click ENABLE:
- Go to SYSTEM > CONFIGURATION > AITOC EXTENSIONS > GOOGLE CUSTOMER REVIEWS
General settings can be defined on website level only.
|Offer to all customer groups||If you pick "No", you'll be able to choose which customer groups receive the survey.|
|Survey Style||Select the positioning of your survey.|
|Survey Language||If you don't use system value, you'll be able to pick the language from a long dropdown menu.|
|Enable Badge||This setting enables the reviews badge on your website.|
|Badge Position||Badge positioning on your website.|
|Badge Language||Similar to Survey Language, Badge Language can be picked from a dropdown list if needed.|
Don't forget to save your config for each store view.
To see the any changes affecting your store, flush Magento cache.
Here is an example of Google Customers Review survey email:
The design of this email is default and provided by Google, it cannot be customized.
THANK YOU FOR CHOOSING AITOC EXTENSIONS!